Upcoming fishing contests
Here is a list of upcoming fishing contests in the Northland. To have yours listed, send information to firstname.lastname@example.org. o Psycho Billy Fishing Derby, Friday and Saturday, Legendary Waters Resort & Casino, Bayfield. Contact: John Hann...
Here is a list of upcoming fishing contests in the Northland. To have yours listed, send information to email@example.com .
• Psycho Billy Fishing Derby, Friday and Saturday, Legendary Waters Resort & Casino, Bayfield. Contact: John Hanna 218-349-7224. Species: Lake trout, brown trout, salmon and walleye.
• Twin Ports Walleye Association holds its sixth annual walleye fishing tournament on the St. Louis River on Saturday and May 20 with up to 60 boats and 120 anglers. Entry fee is $100 per boat. Participants must be members of the TPWA. Membership information is available at twinportswalleye.com.
• Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute fishing tournament, June 2, on Fish Lake. Call 218-726-4834 ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• 33rd annual United Northern Sportsmen Summer Fishing Contest, June 8-9, Island Lake. Go to unitednorthernsportsmen.org or call 218-721-4843 for details.
• The Duluth Sail and Power Squadron annual Captain's Platter Fishing Contest, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 9, Power Squadron Dock in Allouez Bay, 44th Avenue East and the Superior Bay. Awards for first, second and third place in five divisions: lake trout, brown trout, walleye, chinook salmon and coho salmon. This is a Lake Superior and/or St. Louis River basin contest. The Captain's Platter award is for the boat with the greatest combined weight of the largest of each species listed. You do not have to have all five species to be eligible; it is possible to win with only one fish. Also awarding $300 cash to the first person to weigh in an 8 pound fish. Cost: $20 for adults and free for kids ages 15 and under. Tickets and rules available at Marine General, The Bait Box, Fisherman's Corner, Northwest Outlet and at the Squadron Dock on June 8.