UMD men's hockey: Eight former Bulldogs start 2021-22 season on NHL rosters
Six of the eight former Bulldogs will be eligible to play this week as the season gets underway.
Eight former Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs find themselves on opening day rosters as the NHL gets set to drop the puck on the 2021-22 season this week.
Six of those eight Bulldogs alumni played for head coach Scott Sandelin during the program's recent run of four straight NCAA Frozen Fours dating back to the 2017 Frozen Four in Chicago.
Below is the list of former Bulldogs on NHL opening day rosters as of Oct. 12, 2021 .
- Justin Faulk (2010-11), D, St. Louis Blues (11th NHL season)
- Alex Stalock (2006-09), G, Edmonton Oilers (11th NHL season)
- Alex Iafallo (2013-17), F, Los Angeles Kings (Fifth NHL season)
- Neal Pionk (2015-17), D, Winnipeg Jets (Fifth NHL season)
- Carson Soucy (2013-17), D, Seattle Kraken (Fourth NHL season)
- Karson Kuhlman (2015-18), F, Boston Bruins (Fourth NHL season)
- Mikey Anderson (2017-19), D, Los Angeles Kings (Third NHL season)
- Dylan Samberg (2017-20), D Winnipeg Jets (Rookie)
While on the Oilers roster to start the season, Stalock is on injured reserve and expected to miss most of the season due to heart complications from COVID-19. Samberg is also on the Winnipeg Jets' injured reserve list to start the season with an ankle injury .
Soucy was a healthy scratch Tuesday when the Kraken played their first regular season NHL game, a 4-3 loss at the Vegas Golden Knights.
This story was at 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 13, 2021, with the addition of Dylan Samberg on the Winnipeg Jets' injured reserve to start the season, plus Carson Soucy being scratched by the Seattle Kraken on opening night. It was originally posted at 6:28 p.m. on Oct. 12, 2021.