Sugarloaf Cove Nature Center, 9096 W. Highway 61, Schroeder, offers bird banding, 7 a.m. to noon Saturdays through Oct. 26 except Saturday, Sept. 28. Donations appreciated. Go to sugarloafnorthshore.org.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute offers the following events. Call 218-726-4834.
- Monday, Sept. 23: Monday morning Adaptive Yoga program (MS Focus) begins at Peace Church
- Tuesday, Sept. 24: Tuesday morning Adaptive Yoga program begins at YMCA Woodland
- Wednesday, Sept. 25: Wednesday evening Adaptive Yoga program (ambulatory focus) begins at Polinsky Medical Center 2nd floor gym
- Thursday, Sept. 26: Thursday evening Adaptive Yoga program begins at CSS Health Sciences Building at Bluestone Complex
- Sept. 30: Adaptive Archery program begins at Chalstrom’s Archery Center
- Oct. 1: Power (wheelchair) Soccer program begins at Laura MacArthur School
- Oct. 1: Registration for 2020 Adaptive Ski and Snowboard program begins on CK ACTIVE
- Oct. 16: Adaptive Climbing program begins at Burns Wellness Center on the main campus of College of Saint Scholastica
- Oct. 23: Adaptive Swimming program begins at Duluth YMCA downtown branch
17th annual Twin Ports Vintage Fest, Friday and Saturday, Sept. 27-28, 6348 Rice Lake Road. Gates open at 3 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday. Call Dan at 218-235-3608; for camping call David at 218-348-4399.
Saturday, Sept. 28, National Public Lands Day and North Country Trail Day celebration at St. Croix Lake Trailhead/Palmer's Landing. 10 a.m. canoe Upper St. Croix Lake, noon potluck picnic and 1 p.m. hike Brule Bog Boardwalk in the Brule Spillway State Natural Area, 5 miles. Co-sponsored with St. Croix River Association and Friends of the St. Croix Headwaters.
Oct. 5, MacQuarrie Wetlands, 5 miles. Meet at UW-Superior Yellowjacket Union at 9 a.m. or MacQuarrie Trailhead at 9:45 a.m. Co-sponsored by UW-Superior.
Restoring the St. Louis River Estuary: A Celebration of Progress, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Oct. 1, Barkers Island Conference Center, 300 Marina Drive , Superior. Free. Register at restoring-the-st-louis-river-estuary-a-celebration-of-progress-open-house-tickets.
2019 Ski & Snowboard Swap, Oct. 25-27, Spirit Mountain lower Grand Ave Chalet. Go to teamduluth.org/skiswap.