Arrowhead Fly Fishers, 6-8:15 p.m. Tuesday, Clyde Iron Works, 2920 W. Michigan St. Speaker: Stu Neville, a Hayward fly fishing guide/instructor. Topic: Bass fishing on rivers and lakes. Social time at 6; meeting at 7 p.m.
"The Big Howl Over Wolves: Finding the Middle Ground," by Bill Berg, biologist and fur-bearing animal expert, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Duluth Town Hall, 6092 Homestead Road. Hosted by Advocates for the Knife River Watershed.
The North Country Trail Association Brule-St. Croix Chapter offers these trail hikes at 9 a.m. unless noted. Go to meetup.com/sscbhikers or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saturday: Wills Road to Samples Road trailhead; four miles. Meet at Twin Gables Restaurant in Brule.
• June 1: National Trails Day. Do campsite maintenance, picnic and four-mile hike. Meet at Lions Pavilion in Brule.
• June 15: Samples Road to Rush Lake Road; 4 ½ miles. Meet at Twin Gables Restaurant in Brule.
• June 22: Evening Solstice hike; 3 miles. Meet at 8 p.m. at Bird Road trailhead off County Highway M near Solon Springs. Co-sponsored by Friends of the Bird Sanctuary.
• June 29: Pattison State Park; 4 to 5 miles. Meet at Fuller's Family Restaurant in South Superior at 9 a.m. or at Pattison State Park entrance at 9:45 a.m. State Park admission required.
Wisconsin trout meetings will be offered at these locations. If you want to attend or receive more information, email Peder Yurista at email@example.com. For online input go to dnr.wi.gov and search "trout plan."
• May 29 - LaCrosse
• June 3 - Wausau
• June 4 - Fitchburg
• June 5 - Spooner
Arrowhead ReRoute Celebration formal ribbon cutting and guided hike at Magney-Snively trailhead, noon May 31. Sponsored by SHTA, North Country Trail Association, National Park Service and city of Duluth. Social event from 6-8 p.m. May 30 at Spirit Mountain's Grand Avenue Chalet. If attending, register at bit.ly/ArrowheadRSVP.
Hike Fest 2019, May 31-June 2, Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center, Finland. Go to superior hiking.org.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute offers these events. Call (218) 726-4834, ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Fishing tournament on Fish Lake, June 1.
• Yoga, June 10-July 24
• Recreational sailing, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, June 11-Aug. 6
• Kayaking, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, June 13-Aug. 8
• South Shore & North Shore sea kayak adventures, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Aug. 4 and Aug. 7.
• Water ski clinics, 5-8 p.m. July 31 and Aug. 14.
24th annual Kolar Toyota ALS Fishing Contest, June 1, Island Lake. Call 612-672-0484 or go to webmnalso.org to register.
North Country Trail volunteers will build new trail to make the Wisconsin-Minnesota connection June 3-7 and July 8-12. Call (608) 935-0986 or email email@example.com to help.
39th annual United Northern Sportsmen fishing tournament, June 7-8. Go to unitednorthernsportsmen.org.
Twin Ports Walleye Association's Mac Sports and Marine June Shootout, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 15, St. Louis River. Entry fee: $100 per two-person team. Awards at Mr. D's Bar & Grill. Go to twinportswalleye.com or call 218-391-6874.
Lincoln Park Walleye Open, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 22, St. Louis River. Go to lincolnparkfishing.com to register.