Trailfitters clothing drive for Damiano Center, today through Jan. 27, Trailfitters, Fitger's Complex, 600 E. Superior St. Donated lightly used winter boots, coats, hats, snow pants and other items and receive 10 percent off an item in the store for each item donated. Trailfitters will also donate a pair of socks for every pair of socks purchased during this drive.
Superior Trap and Gun Club Double and 16-yard Leagues begins 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. today, 5642 WI-35, Superior. Shooting is also available Jan. 27, Feb. 10, Feb. 24, March 10 and March 24. Call 715-399-8224.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute offers these events. Call 218-726-4834 ext. 1 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Sunday ski and snowboard begins today.
• Adaptive Yoga winter session, Jan. 28-March 4.
• 2019 Great Lakes Mono Ski & Race Camp at Spirit Mountain, Feb. 27-March 1.
• Dog sledding day, 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 10, Positive Energy Outdoors, Fredenberg Township.
Arrowhead Fly Fishers Club, 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Clyde Iron Event Center, 2920 W. Michigan St. Program: Outdoor write Jason Swingen on "Fly Fishing Techniques and Rigging for Lake Superior Trout and Salmon."
Western Lake Superior Trolling Association, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Mr. D's, 5622 Grand Ave. Topic: Biologists from Superior and Bayfield will give a presentation on Lake Superior. Free.
Beginner fly tying class, 10 a.m. Saturday, Superior Fly Angler, 310 Belknap, Superior. Patterns: Soft hackles and wet flies. Cost: $10, all tools and materials provided. Call 715-395-9520 for required registration. Cost: $10, all tools and materials provided. Call 715-395-9520.
Jay Cooke State Park, in Carlton, offers these events. Meet at the River Inn Interpretive Center unless noted. All events are free; a park sticker for your car is required. Call 218-673-7005 or go to mndnr.gov/events.
• 6:30-8:30 p.m. Saturday: "Full Moon Snowshoe." Call 673-7006 to preregister for program.
• 1-2:30 p.m. Jan. 26: "Winter Encounters Snowshoe." Call 218-673-7005 to register for adults and child-sized snowshoes.
• 1-2 p.m. Feb. 2: Junior Naturalists — "Who Else Hibernates?"
• 6:30-8 p.m. Feb. 2: Park After Dark — "Night Sounds." Call 218-673-7005 to register for adults and child-sized snowshoes.
Kids fly tying day, 11 a.m. Saturday, Great Lakes Fly Shop, 4426 Regent St. Free. Call 218-740-3040 or go to greatlakesflys.com for required registration.
13th annual Candlelight Ski, Skate, and Snowshoe event, 4-7 p.m. Saturday, Hartley Nature Center, 3001 Woodland Ave. Ski, try out fat tire biking on a multi-use trail, join a naturalist guided snowshoe hike, skate on Hartley Pond, enjoy a light dinner, and sample local brews. Cost: $5 for individual Hartley members, $10 for Hartley member households, $15 for non-member individuals, and $30 for non-member households. We will have equipment for use on site (bring your own skates). We will have alternate activities if snow is insufficient for skiing and snowshoeing. Call 218-724-6735 for required reservations; space is limited.
Fly Fishing Film Fest, Jan. 27, Clyde Iron Works, 2920 W. Michigan St.
John Beargrease dog sledding race, Jan. 27-29, Grand Marais. Go to visitcookcounty.com.