Duluth Audubon Society offers spring warbler walks. Free. Go to duluthaudubon.org.
• 7 a.m. Tuesdays in May, beginning at Park Point Recreation Area. Meet at Park Point Recreation action area next to ball field.
• 7 a.m. every Wednesday in May beginning at Indian Point. Meet at Western Waterfront Trailhead, 7011 Pulaski St.
Arrowhead Fly Fishers Club, 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, Clyde Iron, 2920 W. Michigan St. Casting and social time at 6 p.m. Program: "Fly Fishers International: Current Programs and Conservation" by Todd Heggestad and a trip through the new AFF website by Bob Shaw.
Superior Hiking Trail Hike Fest, Friday through May 20, Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center, Finland. Go to shta.org for details.
Jay Cooke State Park, in Carlton, offers these events. Meet at the River Inn Interpretive Center. Go to mndnr.gov/jaycooke.
• 1-2:30 p.m. Saturday and May 26, Spring Wildflower Walk.
• 8-9 p.m. May 26: Strawberry Full Moon.
• 1-2:30 p.m. June 2: Lady's-slipper Walk.
• 1-2:30 p.m. Thursdays, June 14-Aug. 16: Nature Play for kids.
• 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 23, July 15 as well as Aug. 5: Family Archery Workshop.
• 1-3 p.m. June 23, July 15 as well as Aug. 5: Archery in the Park.
UMD Recreational Sports Outdoor Program offers these events. Call 218-726-7128 or go to umdrsop.org to register.
• Swift Water Rescue (205005): Learn how to prepare for and react to swift water rescue situations. Classroom and hands-on learning focuses on equipment, rope skills, self and assisted-rescues that are done from in or out of the boat. The final day is dedicated to handling on-river rescue scenarios in groups. Paddlers must be comfortable paddling a kayak or canoe in at least Class II whitewater. Meets at 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 20-22, at the Outpost. Cost: $318 UMD students/$362 others.
• American Canoe Association Coastal Kayak L1-L2 ICW (304035): This instructor certification workshop is designed to train instructor candidates at Level 1: Introduction to Kayaking and up to Level 2: Essentials of Kayak Touring. Candidates will prepare lessons, practice teach, analyze videotape, refine strokes, improve sea kayaking skills and complete skills exam on protected waters. Upon certification, you can teach ACA courses and obtain ACA insurance. Facilitated by instructor/trainer Pat Kohlin. Meet 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 31-June 3 at the UMD Boat Shed. Cost: $377 UMD students/$420 others.
The North Country Trail Association Brule-St. Croix Chapter offers the following outings on the North Country National Scenic Trail. Hikes at 9 a.m. unless listed.
• May 26 — Pero Road to Samples Road Trailhead, 6 miles. Meet at Twin Gables Restaurant in Brule.
• June 2 — National Trails Day Hike, Picnic and Paddle, 4 miles. Meet at St. Croix Lake Trailhead, 4 miles northeast of Solon Springs on Douglas County Highway A.
• June 16 — Evening Solstice Hike, 3 miles. Meet at 8 p.m. at Bird Road Trailhead off Douglas County Highway M near Solon Springs.
• June 30 — Brule Valley Overlooks, 5 miles. Meet at Twin Gables Restaurant in Brule.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute offers these events. Call 218-726-4834 ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• June 12 — Sailing begins at Park Point Sailing Pier.
• June 13 — Cycling begins at Easter Lake Walk Trail.
• June 14 — Kayaking begins at Park Point Boat Shed.
• June 28 or July 16 — Adaptive rowing clinic at Duluth Rowing Club.
• Aug. 1 — Waterskiing begins at Pike Lake.
• Aug. 16 — Southshore Kayak Day at Meyer's Beach Sea Caves.
• Sept. 8 — Shoot for Fun, Old Vermilion Trail Shooting Preserve.
Audubon Center of the North Woods, 54165 Audubon Drive, Sandstone, offers these kids' camps. Go to audubon-center.org/audubon-center-of-the-north-woods for details.
• June 24-29: Rocks, Ropes and Rafts, for grades 6-8.
• July 8-13: Ways of Wildlife, for grades 4-6.
• July 22-27: Outdoor Explorations, for grades 5-7.
2018 Bowfest, a 3D archery festival, is July 27-29 at Mont du Lac in Superior. Bowhunters shoot at more than 80 Rinehart targets in realistic hunting situations. World-class whitetail shed antler display; novelty shoot; more than $75,000 in prizes; TV personalities Levi Morgan of "Bowlife," Pat and Nicole of "Driven TV," Brent and Nicole of "Field of Dreams;" Aaron Lewis performing July 28. Admission is $99 for three days. Go to mdlresort.com or call 218-626-3797 for more information.