Outdoors Notes for Oct. 15, 2017
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute offers these events. Call (218) 726-4834 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. o Tuesday: Tuesday Yoga begins at Woodland YMCA. o Wednesday: Wednesday Yoga begins at Polinsky Medical Center. o Thursday...
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute offers these events. Call (218) 726-4834 or email email@example.com to register.
• Tuesday: Tuesday Yoga begins at Woodland YMCA.
• Wednesday: Wednesday Yoga begins at Polinsky Medical Center.
• Thursday: Thursday Yoga begins at CSS Health Science Building at BlueStone.
• Nov. 3: Adaptive curling begins at Duluth Curling Club
Duluth Collaborative for Invasive Species Management Area (CISMA) offers Dr. Lee Frelich speaking on "European Earthworm Invasion: Its Interaction with Invasive Plants & Deer," 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Duluth City Hall, room 303. Free.
The Crazy Flight Chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society 17th annual Conservation and Sportsmen's Banquet, 7 p.m. Thursday, Grand Ely Lodge, 400 N. Pioneer Road, Ely. Social hour at 5 p.m. Tickets: $60, $85 for member and spouse or $35 for junior. Call Casey at (218) 235-1117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Giants Ridge Fall Fest, in Biwabik, offers many events including the ones listed below. Go to Giantsridge.com for complete details.
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday: Ski swap
• 6-8 p.m. Friday: Five-course wild game and wine pairings dinner. Call (218) 865-8061 for required reservations.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday: Ski swap
• 1 p.m. Saturday: Guided one-mile waters hike for beginners.
• 2 p.m. Saturday: Guided 3.5-mile woods hike for intermediate/advanced.
Mont du Lac Alpine Ski Team Fall Festiv-All Sports Swap, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Mont du Lac Resort. Family activities include pumpkin patch, hay rides, sled dogs, giant slide and hay bale climb. Drop off times for swap items: 6-8 p.m. Wednesday through Friday as well as 9-10 a.m. Saturday.
Deer hunting info session, 6:30 p.m. Oct. 26, Carlton County Extension Office, 317 Chestnut Ave, Carlton. Topics include: Gun safety, proper field dress, tagging, registering and processing. Cost: $5.
Basic fly tying course, 6-8 p.m. Nov. 1, Nov. 8, Nov. 15, Great Lakes Fly Shop, 4426 Regent St. Cost: $35 for all three nights, materials are provided. Call (218) 740-3040 for required registration. Space is limited.
For a list of upcoming outdoor events offered through UMD RSOP, visit umdrsop.org.