Minnesota Duluth released its complete 2021-22 men’s hockey schedule on Monday, which includes 19 games at Amsoil Arena and 17 on the road next season.
The Bulldogs are set to play 36 total games in 2021-22 with the Ice Breaker Tournament at Amsoil Arena being exempt from the NCAA’s limit of 34 regular season games.
UMD's 24-game NCHC schedule was released back in April. Monday's release provides the final official dates for the Bulldogs' 12 nonconference games. Coming off a season played during the COVID-19 pandemic, only five nonconference games are on the road.
Three games are in state as part of home-and-home series with Bemidji State, Minnesota and Minnesota State-Mankato. The other two games are just 253-miles away against Northern Michigan in Marquette.
The schedule for the Ice Breaker Tournament has not been finalized yet, however, sources have indicated the Bulldogs will take on Michigan in the first game while Minnesota State and Providence meet in the other first-round game.
The Bulldogs’ full 2021-22 schedule can be found below, with home games in bold and an asterisk (*) for NCHC games:
- Oct. 8: at Bemidji State
- Oct. 9: vs. Bemidji State
- Oct. 15-16: Ice Breaker Tournament at Amsoil Arena featuring UMD, Michigan, Providence and Minnesota State-Mankato
- Oct. 22: at Minnesota
- Oct. 23: vs. Minnesota
- Oct. 29-30: OPEN
- Nov. 5-6: at Western Michigan*
- Nov. 12-13: vs. Colorado College*
- Nov. 19-20: at North Dakota*
- Nov. 26-27: vs. Alaska (Thanksgiving weekend)
- Dec. 3-4: at Northern Michigan
- Dec. 10-11: vs. Denver*
- Dec. 17-18: OPEN
- Dec. 24-25: OPEN (Christmas)
- Dec. 30: at Minnesota State-Mankato
- Jan. 1: vs. Minnesota State-Mankato
- Jan. 7-8: at St. Cloud State*
- Jan. 14-15: vs. Miami*
- Jan. 21-22: at Omaha*
- Jan. 28-29: vs. Western Michigan*
- Feb. 4-5: OPEN
- Feb. 11-12: at Denver*
- Feb. 18-19: vs. North Dakota*
- Feb. 25-26: at Miami*
- March 4-5: vs. St. Cloud State*
- March 11-13: NCHC quarterfinals (on campus)
- March 18-19: NCHC Frozen Faceoff (St. Paul)
- March 25-27: NCAA Regionals (Albany, N.Y.; Allentown, Pa.; Worcester, Mass.; Loveland, Colo.)
- April 7-9: NCAA Frozen Four (Boston)
UMD's schedule is subject to change. It currently does not have a exhibition game scheduled, however, the Bulldogs may add one at a later date.
This story was updated at 1:40 p.m. on May 24, 2021, with the dates of the Bulldogs' series against Minnesota and Alaska following the official release of the 2021-22 schedule. It was originally posted at 1:54 p.m. on May 20, 2021.