Sports sidelines: Kozlowski headlines award winners
College women's basketball: Minnesota Duluth guard Sammy Kozlowski is the NSIC North Division Player of the Week. Kozlowski, a senior from New Berlin, Wis., averaged 17.5 points, 5.5 steals, 5.5 assists and 4.5 rebounds in leading the Bulldogs to NSIC home wins over Mary and Minot State. She shot 59 percent from the field to garner player of the week honors for the second time in her career and first time this season.
• Wisconsin-Superior senior Montroy Scott (Fridley, Minn.) is the UMAC Men's Basketball Player of the Week after averaging 24 points, five rebounds and 3.5 assists in a pair of games last week, including a career-high 33 points in a 92-91 overtime win against North Central.
• Wisconsin-Superior junior forward Eva Reinertsen (Duluth) is the UMAC Women's Basketball Player of the Week after averaging 17 points, 9.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals in a pair of wins last week, including a career-high 25 points in a win over Northwestern.
College men's hockey: Philip Beaulieu is the WCHA Defenseman of the Week. Beaulieu, a junior from Duluth, led league defensemen with three assists on the weekend in a pair of wins at Alaska-Anchorage. The honor is Beaulieu's third weekly award this season and second straight.
College track: Wisconsin-Superior junior Henry Seeb (Stillwater, Minn.) is the UMAC Men's Indoor Track Athlete of the Week after winning the 3,000 meters at St. Thomas in a UMAC-best 9 minutes, 38.85 seconds.
• St. Scholastica senior C.J. Pillath (Coleman, Wis.) is the UMAC Men's Indoor Field Athlete of the Week after recording UMAC bests in the weight throw (58 feet, 1.25 inches) and shot put (49-5.5) on Friday at St. Thomas.
• St. Scholastica sophomore Ashley Kosloski (Crosslake, Minn.) is the UMAC Women's Indoor Track Athlete of the Week after a personal-best 10-second mark in the 60-meter hurdles.
• St. Scholastica junior Anika Kling (Hudson, Wis.) is the UMAC Women's Indoor Field Athlete of the Week after recording a personal best 16-11.25 mark to place second in the long jump.