Reader's View: How long to repair Trump's damage?
Recently, President Donald Trump claimed successes. But he and conservatives have produced a president: o Who insults our allies and flatters enemies like Russia and China. o Who unnecessarily adds $1.5 trillion to the national debt and doubles o...
Recently, President Donald Trump claimed successes. But he and conservatives have produced a president:
• Who insults our allies and flatters enemies like Russia and China.
• Who unnecessarily adds $1.5 trillion to the national debt and doubles our annual budget deficit (twice what it was under President Barack Obama).
• Who has been sexually inappropriate toward women and who reportedly paid $130,000 to a porn star and $150,000 to a Playboy model in hush money.
• Who has induced an unheard-of 40 or so departures from his cabinet and federal agencies
• Who led the U.S. into being the only developed nation that is not a part of the Paris Climate Accord.
• Who facilitated the Chinese takeover of financial and political control of the South Pacific by reneging on the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement.
• Who has deregulated businesses, Wall Street, and banks, making more likely a repetition of the recession in 2008.
• Who has reduced environmental regulations, leaving, possibly, our great-great-grandchildren to play on paved parking lots rather than in national parks.
• Who paid $25 million to students who attended Trump University to avoid court.
• Who has had four parts of his business empire go bankrupt, impacting his investors.
• Who hides his income-tax information.
• Who seems to be trying to destroy federal institutions like the intelligence community, Department of Justice, and FBI.
• Who obsesses over destroying Democrats (by demonizing them) and the free mass media (by calling them "fake news,").
• Who reportedly tried to set up a secret communication channel through the Russian Embassy to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
• Who is initiating trade wars with our allies and enemies.
• And who is trying to cover up his illegal and immoral acts.
How long will it take to repair this damage?
Donald E. Maypole