Outdoors blog: Your input wanted on Minnesota hunting issues
View my profile Click here to view previous posts or additional resources Add/view comment(s) | Permalink Sound off about Minnesota hunting issues The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is seeking public comment on several proposed hunting...
Click here to view previous posts or additional resources
Add/view comment(s) | Permalink
Sound off about Minnesota hunting issues
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is seeking public comment on several proposed hunting-season issues. A meeting to discuss the issues will be held:
- 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. March 16 at the Hinckley-Finlayson High School board room, 201 Main Street, Hinckley; and
- 6 to 9 p.m. March 17 at Rainy River Community College in International Falls.
Among items up for discussion are the following:
- allowing river otter trapping statewide
- holding a four-day youth deer season statewide over MEA weekendallowing anyone 55 and older to hunt during the archery season with a crossbow.
- expanding fall turkey hunting to a single 30-day season
- changing the way duck season is structure to allow it to open in late September. For instance, under such a change, this fall's season would open on Sept. 25 rather than Oct. 2.
- changing shooting hours for ducks on opening day to open at one-half hour before sunrise rather than at 9 a.m.
Some of the changes would require legislative action.
Those who cannot attend the meetings are urged to complete a questionnaire online at www.mndnr.gov .
Comments also may be submitted by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail written to Season Comments, DNR Section of Wildlife, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155-4007.