Things to Do
Have breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus, 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Coppertop Church, 230 E. Skyline Parkway. Cost: $5 per person or $20 per family. Sponsored by the Duluth Kiwanis.
Check out the Duluth Depot holiday open house, 10 a.m. to 1 pm. Sunday, 506 W. Michigan St. Bring mittens to donate to the mitten tree, have your kids write letters to the troops, enjoy cookies and hot cocoa and tour all four floors of the museum. Admission:$25 family rate. Go to duluthdepot.org.
Sample seasonal treats as you explore Fairlawn Mansion, 6-8 p.m. Tuesday as well as Dec. 18 and Dec. 27, 906 E. Second St., Superior. Hosts will share Victorian customs and stories. Tickets: $5, free for ages 12 and younger.
Sing at St. Scholastica's Messiah Sing-Along, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Mitchell Auditorium. Admission is free; bring your own music score or they are available for purchase at the door for $15. Call (218) 723-7000.
Enjoy the sounds of the Downbeats, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Superior Public Library, 1530 Tower Ave., Superior. Free. Call (715) 394-8860.
Skate with Santa and Rudolph event, 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesday, Essentia Duluth Heritage Center, 120 S. 30th Ave. W. Free. Bring a non-perishable food item to donate. Call Duluth Parks and Recreation at (218) 730-4325.
Get your tickets to Arrowhead Chorale's "Holiday Jubilations & Traditions: A Scandinavian Christmas" concert with Strikepoint, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14 and 3 p.m. Dec. 16, Duluth Depot, Great Hall, 506 W. Michigan St. Tickets: $20 for adults, $6 for students and free for ages 12 and younger.
Make plans to see St. Scholastica's O Holy Night concert, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14-15, Cathedral of Our Lady of the Rosary, 2801 E. Fourth St.
Don't miss "One Christmas Carol," 7 p.m. Dec. 14, 2 p.m. Dec. 15, 7 p.m. Dec. 19-21, 10 a.m. Dec. 22 and 2 p.m. Dec. 23, County Seat Theatre, 2035 S. Highway 33, Cloquet. Tickets: $20 for adults, $18 for seniors and students. Call (218) 878-0071 or go to www.countyseattheater.com.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit www.glensheen.org or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Children's Museum, 115 S. 29th Ave. W., Duluth, offers programs and exhibits for children and families. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Visit www.playduluth.org or call (218) 733-7543.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit www.duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to www.douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit www.glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday through Monday. Visit www.lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.