Say 'Boo' at the zoo
What's Boo at the zoo? Why it's the only time of the year when the guests are more fantastic and more colorful than its permanent residents. Halloween costumes are recommended for everyone (kids and adults) attending Boo at the Zoo. Attend once o...
What's Boo at the zoo? Why it's the only time of the year when the guests are more fantastic and more colorful than its permanent residents.
Halloween costumes are recommended for everyone (kids and adults) attending Boo at the Zoo. Attend once or twice, because Boo at the Zoo will be held on two Saturdays this year: Oct. 6 and 13. Trick-or-treat around the Lake Superior Zoo from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets are $7 (same price for kids and adults). Adult Lake Superior Zoo members are admitted free. Purchase tickets in advance and use the Express Lane into Boo at the Zoo. Advance tickets are sold at area Little Stores, Wells Fargo Banks and the Lake Superior Zoo. Or, buy advance tickets on line at www.lszoo.org .
Kids, parents and grandparents will find more than just a Trick-or-Treat. Discover a wild concoction of Halloween fun at Boo at the Zoo:
- Take a Haunted Hayride down the spooky trail.
- See unusual reptiles, creepy insects and other amazing, but peculiar, creatures.
- Listen-in on the "Fractured Fairytales" of the Renegade Children's Improv at 1 p.m. each day.
- Capture your costume and get your photo taken.
- Be brave and enter a costume contest: One held each hour.
- Enjoy burgers, brats and dogs, or caramel-apple sundaes, mini donuts and popcorn.
- Visit the spooky Haunted Shack's Hunted Tunnel.
- And, as always, see the Lake Superior Zoo animals enjoy their very own special Halloween pumpkin treats.
The Lake Superior Zoo is located at located at 72nd Avenue West and Grand Avenue in Duluth. Boo at the Zoo is the Lake Superior Zoological Society's largest fund-raising event, supporting its
mission of wildlife conservation, education and connecting people with the wondrous natural world.