NorLights' 2008 best sellers (so far)
A list of the top-selling books at Canal Park's independent bookstore Northern Lights Books & Gifts for 2008 (so far, that is), courtesy of shop proprietor Anita Zager:...
A list of the top-selling books at Canal Park's independent bookstore Northern Lights Books & Gifts for 2008 (so far, that is), courtesy of shop proprietor Anita Zager:
1. Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin's "Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time"
2. Arnold R. Alanen's "Morgan Park: Duluth, U.S. Steel and the Forging of a Company Town"
3. Anita Zager's "Duluth: Gem of the Freshwater Sea"
4. Joy Morgan Dey and Nikki Johnson's "Agate: What Good is a Moose?"
5. Richard Allington's "What Really Matters for Struggling Readers: Designing Research-Based Programs"
6. William Kent Krueger's "Thunder Bay: A Cork O'Connor Mystery"
7. Roger LeLievre's "Know Your Ships 2008"
8. Mary Oliver's "Red Bird"
9. Carol Bly's "Shelter Half"
10. Michael D. Wuchter's "Growing Christ: Sermons for Every Season"
Other popular local titles include Louis Jenkins' "North of the Cities," Richard Hudelson's "By the Ore Docks" and, as employee John McCormick put it, the Congdon murder books are always "pretty reliable."