Officials suspect carbon monoxide in death of Minnesota couple
The Mille Lacs County Sheriff’s Office responded to the incident, reported at 10:20 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 16, in East Side Township, north of Isle.
ISLE, Minn. — A 66-year-old woman and man were found dead Sunday, Oct. 16, in their cabin on Highway 18 in Mille Lacs County.
The Mille Lacs County Sheriff’s Office responded to the incident, reported at 10:20 p.m. According to a news release from the sheriff’s office, the son arrived at the family property and found his parents deceased.
The victims were identified as Mai Lee and Moon Lee, both of Brooklyn Park, Minnesota.
The new release stated the Isle Fire Department was called to the scene and detected the presence of a dangerous level of carbon monoxide inside the cabin.
The Mille Lacs County Sheriff’s Office reported the Lee’s had been using a small charcoal stove for heat without proper ventilation. No carbon monoxide detector was inside of the cabin at the time of the incident.
Assisting at the scene were the Isle Police department, Isle Fire Department, Mille Lacs Health Systems EMS and the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office.