SUBSCRIBE NOW Just 99¢ for your first month

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Large garage damaged by fire at Saginaw business

No one was injured when a large garage on property belonging to Shelton Family Foods in Saginaw burned Thursday, the St. Louis County Sheriff's Office reported.

We are part of The Trust Project.

No one was injured when a large garage on property belonging to Shelton Family Foods in Saginaw burned Thursday, the St. Louis County Sheriff's Office reported.

Authorities were notified of the fire in the 7000 block of Saginaw Road just after 5 p.m., with a caller reporting smoke coming from the 40-by-80-foot building. The Solway Township Fire Department and sheriff's deputies arrived to find an industrial food delivery vehicle to be the source of the fire, sheriff's Sgt. Wade Rasch reported in a news release. The truck had been parked in the garage a few hours earlier.

Firefighters extinguished the fire, which is believed to have been caused by an electrical issue with the vehicle, Rasch reported. The vehicle was a total loss, while the garage sustained heavy smoke damage. The damage estimate is in excess of $50,000, the sheriff's office reported.

The Grand Lake and Canosia fire departments also responded to the fire.

Related Topics: FIRES
What to read next
The National Weather Service confirmed the tornado Saturday, citing a "consistent tree fall pattern indicative of a tornado."
Ground improvements, creek-merging and steel placement among latest Twin Ports Interchange developments.
The commissioning of USS Minneapolis-Saint Paul, the first ceremony like it in state history, packed the port with dignitaries, military service veterans.
Public health department issues guidance as county joins 12 others in which the flu has been detected.