EVENTS/CLASSES Medicare Part D seminars are offered at these locations. No appointment necessary. * Duluth Clinic Superior: Monday, Thursday and Friday * Duluth Clinic Virginia: Dec. 20-22 * Duluth Clinic Hibbing: Dec. 20-22 "Health-care Directiv...
Medicare Part D seminars are offered at these locations. No appointment necessary.
* Duluth Clinic Superior: Monday, Thursday and Friday
* Duluth Clinic Virginia: Dec. 20-22
* Duluth Clinic Hibbing: Dec. 20-22
"Health-care Directives: Why Plan Ahead?" 4 p.m. Monday, St. Mary's Medical Center, Minnesota Room. Free. Call 786-4762.
Weight Loss Surgery Information Seminars, 5 p.m. Wednesday, St. Mary's Medical Center Auditorium and 11 a.m. Dec. 28, St. Mary's Hospital in Superior. Free. Call 786-1234 for required registration.
Multiple Sclerosis Symptom Management Discussion, 6 p.m. Wednesday,Holiday Inn, 200 W. First St. Topic: MS and the holidays. Free. Call 786-4430 to register.
Heartsaver First Aid, offered by St. Luke's, 6-10 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 25 or March 22. Pediatric session, 6-10 p.m. Feb. 1. Cost: $35. Call 249-6932 to register.
Applied Psychology Seminar, 4 p.m. Friday, 511 Medical Arts Building, 324 W. Superior St. Fee: $10. To register, call Laura Puckett, clinical psychologist at (218) 786-9798.
Look Good ... Feel Better, cosmetology assistance for people going through cancer treatment, 3:30-5:30 p.m. Dec. 18 or Feb. 19, St. Luke's Lakeview Building, 1001 E. Superior St. Free. Call 249-6001.
Diabetes Parent Network meet 7 p.m. the third Monday of the month. Call 722-5298 or e-mail arntsens.@aol.com .
* Dec. 18: Perkins, 1302 Miller Trunk Highway
* Jan. 15: Country Kitchen, 1810 Miller Trunk Highway
* Feb. 19: Great American Bar & Grill, Miller Hill Mall
* March 19: Grizzly's Grill N' Saloon, 1722 Miller Trunk Highway
"Health-care Directives: Putting Your Wishes in Writing," 4 p.m. Jan. 8, St. Luke's 3 East Conference Room. Free. Call 249-6901.
Health-care Professional Basic Life Support Re-Certification, offered by St. Luke's, 6-10 p.m. Jan. 8 or March 12 or 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Jan. 10 or Feb. 16 or March 13. Cost: $40. Call 249-6932 for required registration.
Timely Topics: Dizziness and You, 11 a.m. Jan. 11, St. Mary's Hospital in Superior and 11 a.m. Jan. 17, First United Methodist Church, 230 E. Skyline Parkway. Lunch follows. Cost: $8. Call 786-2465 to register.
Heartsaver Adult Basic Life Support (HeartSaver CPR), by St. Luke's, 6-10 p.m. Jan. 11 or March 8. Pediatric sessions 6-10 p.m. Jan. 18 or March 15. Cost: $35. Call 249-6932 for required registration.
"Growing Up Healthy," free education series for parents, 6:30-8 p.m., Miller-Dwan Medical Center Auditorium. Child care available; light meal served at 6:15 p.m. Call 786-4430 for required registration.
* Jan. 16: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
* Feb. 13: Ears, nose and throat: Infections, snoring and pediatric sleep apnea
* Feb. 27: Child and adolescent depression
* March 20: Your child's vision: infant stimulation, eye injury prevention, recognizing vision problems and eye testing
* April 17: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum disorders (FASD)
Kidney Options Program, information on dialysis treatments, 6 p.m. every third Thursday of odd number months, Miller-Dwan Auditorium. Call 395-6116.
Health-care professional BLS certification, by St. Luke's, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 19 or 6-10 p.m. Feb. 5 and Feb. 12. Cost: $60. Call 249-6932 for required registration.
Live Surgical Webcast showing minimally invasive colon surgery, 6:30 p.m. Jan. 24. Go to www.duluthclinic.org .
QuitPlan Center Tobacco Cessation Program offered at St. Mary's Duluth Clinic Heart Center to adults in Minnesota and Wisconsin residents who work in Minnesota. Cost: Minimal to free. Call 786-2677.
Childbirth classes offered at St. Luke's. Call 249-5527.
Childbirth classes offered at St. Mary's Medical Center. Call 786-4430.
Grief Support Groups are offered by St. Mary's Medical Center. Call 786-4404.
* Adults, 6:30-8 p.m. first and third Tuesday. Another group meets 3:30-5 p.m. second Wednesday at St. Mary's Hospital, Superior. Call 395-5408.
* Senior Citizens, 10-11:30 a.m. second and fourth Wednesday
* Family and Friends of Murder Victims Support Group, 7-8:30 p.m. second Monday
* Suicide Family Members Support Group,7-8:30 p.m. third Monday
* Parents who have lost a child due to miscarriage, stillbirth or death from birth to 10, 7-8:30 p.m. second Tuesday.
* Parents who have lost a child age 10 and older,7-8:30 p.m. fourth Tuesday.
Mental Health Support Group, 5-7 p.m. first and third Thursday, Miller-Dwan Medical Center. Free. Call (800) 862-1799.
National Alliance of Mental Illness of Minnesota (NAMI-MN) Support Group for families who have a relative with a mental illness, 7 p.m. second Thursday. Call 722-0438.
ALS Support Group, 1-3 p.m. Dec. 20, Polinksy Building, 530 E. Second St. Call 786-5364.
Alzheimer's Support Group, 1 p.m. third Tuesday, Bayshore Health Center, 1601 St. Louis Ave. Call 740-4026.
Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group, 7-8:30 p.m. first Tuesday, Miller-Dwan Medical Center. Call 724-8609.
Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group, 3:30-4:30 p.m. every Tuesday, Polinsky Medical Rehabilitation Center. Sponsored by the Center for Independent Living of Northeastern Minnesota. Call 625-1400.
Brain Tumor Support Group, 6:30-8:30 p.m. third Monday, St. Mary's Medical Center. Call 786-4230.
Breast Cancer Support Group, 6-7:30 p.m. first Tuesday except January and July, Duluth Clinic's Breast Center, First Street Building. Call 786-3849.
Breast Cancer Support Group, 6-7:30 p.m. first Monday, St. Luke's Regional Breast Center, 915 E. First St. Call 249-5361.
Cancer Support Group, 5:30-6:30 p.m. fourth Tuesday of each month except December, St. Mary's Hospital of Superior.
Cancer Care Support Group, 3:30-5 p.m. Dec. 12, Jan. 9, Jan. 23, Feb. 13, Feb. 27, March 13 and March 27, St. Luke's Lakeview Building, 1001 E. Superior St. Call 249-5489.
General Cancer Support Group, 2:30-3:30 p.m. every Thursday, St. Mary's Medical Center. Call 786-4404.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Support Group meets every other month. Call 726-4721 for dates and locations.
Diabetes Support Group, offered by St. Luke's. Call 249-2470.
Epilepsy Group, 6-7:30 p.m. second Thursday, St. Mary's Medical Center.
Epilepsy Connections Support Group, 6-7:30 p.m. second Thursday, St. Mary's Medical Center, Wisconsin Room. Call 624-1330.
Epilepsy Foundation Women's Group, 6:30-8 p.m. fourth Wednesday of odd months, St. Luke's hospital, Conference Room 3E. Call 624-1330.
Heart to Heart Support group, noon to 1 p.m. Thursday and then last Thursday of the month except December, St. Luke's Lakeview Building, 1001 E. Superior St. Call 249-5167 to register.
Mended Hearts Chapter 104, 7 p.m. third Tuesday, St. Mary's Medical Center. Call 724-1068 or go to www.mendedhearts.org .
Leukemia, Lymphoma Support Group, 6:30-8 p.m. second Tuesday, St. Mary's Medical Center. Call 786-4044.
Lupus Support Group, 7-8:30 p.m. last Wednesday of each month except December, St. Mary's Medical Center. Holiday Potluck, 5:30-8 p.m. Dec. 19, 1900 St. Louis Ave., Park Point. Call 722-0881 or e-mail email@example.com .
Lyme Disease Support Group, 7-9 p.m. first Tuesday, St. Luke's Clinic Building, 1011 E. First St. Free. Call 728-3914.
Men with Disabilities Support Group, 2-3 p.m. second and fourth Thursday, Center for Independent Living of Northeastern Minnesota, 2016 W. Superior St. Call 625-1400 to register.
Multiple Sclerosis Support Group, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. March 6, Bethany Baptist, 6700 Grand Ave. Call 624-1212.
Organ Transplant support group, 7 p.m. second Tuesday of each month except December, Miller-Dwan Medical Center, classrooms 1 and 2, 502 E. Second St. Open to pre/post transplant patients and their families. Call 728-4837.
Pain Management Support Group, 3-4:30 p.m. second and fourth Tuesday, Miller-Dwan Medical Center. Call 786-8120.
Parkinson's Support Group, 6:30-8 p.m. third Monday, Primrose Assisted Living, 724 Maple Grove Road. Call 729-9749.
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Support Group, 10 a.m. to noon third Saturday, First United Methodist Church, 230 E. Skyline Parkway. Call 393-2125.
Scleroderma Support Group, 10-11:30 a.m. second Saturday, St. Mary's Medical Center, Wisconsin Room. Call 721-3940.
Vision loss support group, 1:30-3 p.m. second Monday, Lighthouse for the Blind, 4505 W. Superior St. Sponsored by Center for Independent Living of Northeastern Minnesota. Call 625-1400.
Health RealizationAlternative Recovery Support Group, 7 p.m. every Wednesday, Government Building, 320 W. Second St., fifth floor. Call 726-2046.
Crystal Meth Anonymous, 7 p.m. every Saturday, YWCA, 202 W. Second St. Call 428-8850 or 428-1220.
Life After Meth: Crystal Meth Anonymous,1 p.m. every Tuesday at Lifehouse, 102 W. First St. and 7 p.m. Saturday at YWCA, 202 W. Second St. Call 428-1220 for Tuesday details or 428-8850 for Saturday details.
Sex Addicts Anonymous,7 p.m. Monday, Peace United Church of Christ, 1111 N. 11th Ave. E. Go to www.saa-recovery.org .
Overeaters Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. these locations unless noted:
* Monday, Elim Lutheran Church, 6101 Cody St. Call 728-4644 or 427-2122.
* Tuesday, Lake View Memorial Hospital, 325 11th Ave., Two Harbors. Call 728-4644 or 834-4010.
* Wednesday, Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 1924 Wyoming Ave., Superior. Call 728-4644 or 392-3730.
* Thursday, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 1710 E. Superior St. Call 724-1726 or 728-4644.
* 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 4831 Grand Ave. Call 728-4644 or 310-4590.
Lap Band Support Group, 6-8 p.m. Monday, St. Mary's Medical Center Cafeteria. Call 786-1234 to register.
Weight Loss Surgery Support Group, for anyone before or after weight-loss surgery, hosts holiday party at 6 p.m. Dec. 28, St. Mary's Medical Center Auditorium. Call 786-1234 to register.
Narcotics Anonymous for recovering addicts. For meeting or other information call 728-3199.
Narconon Call (800) 468-6933 or go to www.stop addiction.com.
Panic and Anxiety Support Groups, for those who suffer from panic, anxiety and agoraphobia, noon to 1 p.m. Monday and 6:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday. Call (732) 940-9658.
Doctor on Duty, second and fourth Thursday of each month except December when offered second and third Thursday, Lake Superior Life Care Center, Room 109, Carnegie Building, 101 W. Second St. Services include non-emergency medical care for men, women and children; pregnancy testing, counseling and emergency baby food. Free. Call 727-3399 to schedule an appointment.
Child and Teen Checkups offered by St. Louis County for ages 20 and younger on MinnesotaCare or Medical Assistance. Help in finding a doctor, dentist, interpreter or transportation. Call 725-5210, (218) 749-0600 in Virginia or (800) 450-9777.
Douglas County Department of Health and Human Services, 1316 N. 14th St. Suite 324, Superior, offers these services. Call (715) 395-1304 unless noted.
* Immunization Clinic,1-4 p.m. first Wednesday of the month. Bring immunizations records. Free to children without health insurance. Parent or guardian must be present to sign the authorization.
* AIDS/HIV testing and counseling. Fees based on a sliding scale.
* Alzheimer's family and caregiver support program. Call (715) 395-1617.
* Healthy Youth/ Healthcheck for ages 21 and younger who are on medical assistance, Tuesday and Wednesday. Free.
* Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinic For Males, including diagnosis, treatment, follow-up testing and education. Nominal fee for medication.
* Wisconsin Well Woman Program: Free mammograms, Pap tests and basic physical exams for eligible women ages 45-64. Call (715) 395-1617.
* Prenatal Care Coordination and New Baby Visits.
* Mantoux (TB Skin Test): Monday and Wednesday for a nominal fee.
Chlamydia and gonorrhea testing, Women's Health Center, Building for Women, 32 E. First St., Suite 300. Free for women with no insurance. Call 727-3352.
Women's Heart Program at St. Mary's Duluth Clinic Heart Center offers six screening tests and personal interview with cardiovascular specialist. Cost: $45. Call 786-4179.