ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Floodwood school principal accused of assault returns to work

A Floodwood principal is back to work after being on administrative leave for allegedly assaulting a student. "Principal Dan Bettin has been permitted to return to work and is no longer on administrative leave," Floodwood Superintendent Phil John...

A Floodwood principal is back to work after being on administrative leave for allegedly assaulting a student.

"Principal Dan Bettin has been permitted to return to work and is no longer on administrative leave," Floodwood Superintendent Phil Johnson said in an e-mail Thursday morning. "The preliminary investigation into an allegation has shown no inappropriate conduct on his part."

The investigation was done by the school district's attorney, John Colosimo, Johnson said. Bettin was taken off administrative leave Thursday.

A Floodwood family told the Northland's News Center that Bettin assaulted an 11-year-old boy in the school's lunchroom after the boy flicked his rice. The family member claimed Bettin came up behind the boy, grabbed him by the neck and shoved his face to the table, resulting in some bruising and a scratch on the boy's neck.

Related Topics: EDUCATION
What To Read Next
The system crashed earlier this month, grounding flights across the U.S.