Pollution Control investigating Blueberry Pines fire for battery acid damage
WADENA, Minn. - The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency is investigating damage caused by battery acid after about 60 golf carts were destroyed in the Blueberry Pines golf clubhouse fire Wednesday, Jan. 2.
“That all boiled right up through the sewer system and all the way down on County 16,” Building superintendent Jeff Yungbauer said. “They’re going to test it and see how bad it is.”
The lodge was a complete loss. The fleet of carts were stored in the structure's basement, which housed the pro shop and restaurant.
The cause of the fire has not yet been released.
Yungbauer helped build the lodge, which was constructed in 1991 and opened for business in 1993.
Menahga Fire Chief Dave Kicker estimates it took 300,000 gallons of water to quash the fire.
There were no injuries. No employees were in the building at the time of the fire, and no firefighters were hurt.