A workshop was unoccupied when it was destroyed by fire in Rice Lake this morning.

The St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office reported that first responders found the workshop fully engulfed in flames when they arrived shortly after 5:30 a.m. today. The fire was contained to the workshop, a 25-foot by 16-foot structure located about 100 feet away from other structures. The owner said that there had been an electric space heater running for several days inside the workshop, which may have caused the fire, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Newsletter signup for email alerts

The value of the structure and contents is unknown, but it’s a total loss, according to the Sheriff’s Office. No injuries were reported.

The Rice Lake, Canosia, Lakewood and Air National Guard fire departments responded to the fire. Fire personnel remained on scene until about 9 a.m.