Entrepreneur award nominees named
Reservations are being accepted for the Joel Labovitz Entrepreneurial Success Award luncheon, honoring entrepreneurs and businesses in the region. The event is scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. April 18 at the Duluth Entertainment Convention...
Reservations are being accepted for the Joel Labovitz Entrepreneurial Success Award luncheon, honoring entrepreneurs and businesses in the region.
The event is scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. April 18 at the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center. Joel Labovitz will be the guest speaker this year.
Reservation deadline for the 15th annual luncheon and ceremony is April 13. Tickets are $25 per person. Call (218) 726-7298or go online to www.umdced.com/laboto reserve a place.
Nominees and categories include:
* Micro-Entrepreneur Award: Amish Furniture Haus, Tim and Shelby Huchthausen, Duluth; Cherry Corner Store, John and Karen Derheim, Iron; Damage Board Shop, Jack Boyd and Ben Olson, Duluth; Laurentian Energy Authority, Terry Leoni, Jim Kochevar, Virginia; Northwind Designs, Kay Nierengarten, Saginaw; thriveOnCreative, Jodi Jersett, Duluth.
* Emerging Entrepreneur Award: Copper Fox, Bob Koch, Duluth; GRV Gibbs Wild Rice, Greig Olson, Deer River; Next Generation Ophthalmics, Robert and Jacquie Honstrom, Grand Rapids; Wi-Fi Guys LLC, Tom Sullivan, Jay Lewis, Chris Swanson, Finland.
* Established Entrepreneur Award: Advantage Emblem Inc., Nathan Bentley, Duluth; Alaris Group Inc., Jane Carr, Nancy Caven, Kandise Garrison, Christine Lucente, Cheryl Sanmartin, Duluth; Amazing Grace Bakery and Cafe, Chip Stewart, Duluth; Bennett's on the Lake, Bob and Kathy Bennett, Duluth; Charter Films Inc., Chris Trapp and Dave Timm, Superior; Cleaning Solutions, Laura Thompson, Coleraine; Duluth Grill Embers, Tom Hanson, Duluth; Living Water Music Inc., Craig LiaBraaten, Hibbing; Northstar Aerospace Inc., John Eagleton, Duluth; Tritec of Minnesota Inc., Mitchel C. Robertson, Virginia; Universal Transcription Services, Kristen Norrell, Duluth; Wilderness Family Naturals, Ken and Annette Fischer, Finland.
* Mature Entrepreneur Award: Compudyne, Tom Vidovic and Mark Baron, Duluth; Cutsforth Products Inc., David Cutsforth, Cohasset; Johnson Carpet Tile & Linoleum Co., Dave Fulda, Terry Fulda, Paul Johnson, Duluth; Lutsen Mountains Corp., Charles Skinner, Lutsen; Stanley Labounty, John Portwood, Two Harbors; Stewart-Taylor, Bill Olson, Duluth; Sunrise Bakery & Gourmet Foods, Virginia Forti, Hibbing.
* Innovation Award: Ikonics Corp., Bill Ulland, Duluth; Iracore International Inc., Daniel O. Burkes, Hibbing; Marvel Concepts LLC, Ann W. Harrington, Duluth; Northland Machine Inc., Marv Gustafson, Grand Rapids; Sinex Solutions, Barry Sinex, Duluth; WindLogics Inc, Dennis Moon and Mark Ahlstrom, Grand Rapids.
The University of Minnesota Duluth Labovitz School of Business and Economics also will announce the Business Person of the Year Award.