College hockey: Wisconsin (3-6-1) at Minnesota Duluth (4-3-2)
What: WCHA men's series When: 7:07 p.m. today and Saturday Where: DECC (5,294) Ranking: Neither team is ranked Radio/TV: KHQG 102.5 FM; Charter 15 (Cable TV) Series: Wisconsin leads 84-55-12 Coaches * Mike Eaves is 126-101-31 in seven years at Wi...
What: WCHA men's series
When: 7:07 p.m. today and Saturday
Where: DECC (5,294)
Ranking: Neither team is ranked
Radio/TV: KHQG 102.5 FM; Charter 15 (Cable TV)
Series: Wisconsin leads 84-55-12
* Mike Eaves is 126-101-31 in seven years at Wisconsin
* Scott Sandelin is 126-163-39 in nine years at UMD
Wisconsin's five previous opponents are a combined 23-12-7 and all are in the USCHO Top 20. Three losses are by one goal. Four of the team's top five scorers are defensemen, led by junior Jamie McBain 3-9-12, Brendan Smith 3-6-9 and Ryan McDonagh 4-4-8. The Badgers are scoring 3.4 goals a game compared to 2.85 last season. Wisconsin leads WCHA teams in combined special teams -- 19.7 percent power play and 88.6 percent penalty kill.
Junior D Trent Palm is out for a second straight week with a hip injury. Coach Scott Sandelin says he liked UMD's play 5-on-5 in two losses at Denver, but wants improvement in faceoffs, penalty killing and goal-scoring. The Bulldogs split games at Wisconsin last season, losing 3-1 and winning 2-1 in overtime. Junior G Alex Stalock has allowed just nine even-strength goals in nine games. He has career marks of .900 and 2.70 in 68 games.
Probable UMD Lines
* Andrew Carroll-Jack Connolly-Justin Fontaine
* Mike Connolly-MacGregor Sharp-Nick Kemp
* Matt Greer-Drew Akins-David Grun
* Michael Gergen-Kyle Schmidt-Cody Danberg
* Evan Oberg-Josh Meyers
* Jay Cascalenda-Brady Lamb
* Scott Kishel-Mike Montgomery
* Alex Stalock, Brady Hjelle, Kenny Reiter