Three people were rescued from the second floor of a burning house in Duluth late Sunday.

At 11:29 p.m., crews from the Duluth Fire Department responded to a fire at 629 N. Central Ave. where a fire was burning on the main floor. Three people were seen waiting for a rescue from a second-floor window while another two had already made it outside.

Firefighters used a ladder placed by the homeowner’s son to reach and rescue the three people on the second floor. No civilians or firefighters were injured, the Fire Department said.

A cat and dog inside the house were also rescued and “were in good condition with no signs of smoke inhalation,” the Fire Department said.

The cause of the fire was likely electrical. It primarily damaged the kitchen and “was knocked down quickly,” the Fire Department said. Damage to the house’s structure and contents is estimated at $40,000.