Spring Wheat Berry Salad
½ pound sugar snap or snow pea pods
1 cup wheat berries
1 cup frozen peas
4 green onions, thinly sliced
4 radishes, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
2 Tablespoon Olive oil
⅓ cup fresh chopped dill
• Cut snap peas diagonally into bite-sized pieces.
• Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add wheat berries; reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until tender. This will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
• Transfer wheat berries to a large bowl and add peas, radishes and cut up pea pods.
• Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, salt and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil. Pour dressing over wheat berries and toss well.
• Add dill, combine and serve.
Nutrition per serving: 115 calories, 3 grams fat, 19 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 4 grams protein, 260 mg sodium
Recipe provided by St. Luke’s in support of the News Tribune’s Duluze Weight Loss Challenge.