Recipe: Quick and Easy Pizza Dough
Quick and Easy Pizza Dough
Total time: 30 minutes
1 package quick rise dry yeast
1 cup lukewarm water
2 Tablespoons canola, olive or vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon honey
2½ cups white whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
• Mix yeast and water in glass bowl. Add other ingredients. Lightly grease hands for nonstick mixing. Mix well by hand.
• Let sit in bowl 5-10 minutes, covered by towel.
• Roll out pizza dough. (It will nearly fit an 18x13-inch half-sheet pan.)
• Flatten on lightly greased pan.
• Bake at 450 degrees for about 5 minutes.
• Remove from oven, add toppings and bake approximately 10 additional minutes.
• This recipe uses white, all-purpose or white, whole-wheat flour. To use brown whole wheat flour, use 1¼ cups white flour, and 1¼ cups brown whole grain flour.
Per serving: 169 calories, 5 grams protein, 30 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 4 grams fat, 3 mg sodium
Recipe provided by St. Luke’s in support of the News Tribune’s Duluze Weight Loss Challenge.