Recipe: Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
Total time: 50 minutes
3 cup flour
3½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup raisins
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Line muffin tin with muffin papers.
• In a bowl, add dry ingredients (flour, spices, salt, baking powder, baking soda)
• In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Then add eggs, pumpkin and zucchini.
• Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix until everything is combined. Fold in raisins.
• Scoop batter into the muffin papers ¾ full.
• Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
• Allow to cool and enjoy.
Recipe provided by St. Luke’s in support of the News Tribune’s Duluze Weight Loss Challenge.