LAKOTA STORYTELLER CONNIE BURDITT shares stories of humor, horror and good times from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday in the Multicultural Center in Old Main at the University ofWisconsin-Superior. It's free. Call 394-8358.
STORY TIME WITH SANTA AND MRS. CLAUS is 6:30-8 p.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday until Christmas in Duluth Technology Village, 11 E. Superior St. It's free. Call 727-9556.
DULUTH PUBLIC LIBRARY'S MOUNT ROYAL BRANCH AND WEST DULUTH BRANCH change their hours beginning Friday. New hours are 1-7:30 p.m. Monday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. The libraries will be closed Friday and Sunday. Call 723-3821.
FOGHORN POETRY SERIES hosts local poet Cal Benson at 7:30 p.m. Friday in the Red Mug, 916 Hammond Ave., Superior. Open mic follows. It's free. Call 392-2662 or go to www.redmugcoffee.com.
LAKE SUPERIOR WRITERS' PUBLICATION PARTY features readings and a book-signing with local writers from 2-5 p.m. Dec. 3 in the Lake Superior Writers Meeting Room, 1301 Rice Lake Road. Admission is free. Featured writers are: Donna Schilling, "Slices of Life"; Bruce Henricksen, "Ticket To A Lonely Town"; Donald Dass, "Promises Vague Yet Certain"; Connie Wanek, "To Sing Along The Way"; Mara Hart, "Lovecraft's New York Circle: The Kalem Club, 1924-1927"; Sharon Chmielarz, "The Rhubarb King, The Other Mozart"; Deborah Cooper, "The Moon Rolls Out of Our Mouths"; Bart Sutter, "Farewell To The Starlight In Whiskey"; Tracy Maurer, "John Deere"; and Linda Glaser, "Bridge to America" as well as Marlene Wisuri, Ellen Sandbeck, Cele Lieder, Sarah Chapman, Shirley Wuchter and Holy Cow! Press. Call 728-1253.
BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSTORE in the Miller Hill Mall hosts these events. Call 786-0710.
* Duluth author Lise Lunge-Larson signs her children's book "Noah's Mittens: The Story of Felt" at 11 a.m. Saturday.
* Duluth author Tony Dierckins signs his book "Zenith: A Postcard Perspective of Historic Duluth" at 1 p.m. Saturday.
* Mystery Book Group meets at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 3 to discuss "Crewel Yule" by Monica Ferris.
J.W. BEECROFT BOOKS & COFFEE, 3631 Tower Ave., Superior, offers these events. Call 394-2665 or go to www.jwbeecroft.com.
* T.N.R. Book Group meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday to discuss "One Sunday Morning" by Amy Ephron and "A Place Where The Sea Remembers" by Sandra Benitez.
* Meet Little Critter at Pajama Story Time begins at 7 p.m. Friday. Come in pajamas and bring a pillow or blanket.
* "All in the Family" brunch with Little Critter, 10 a.m. Saturday. Hear stories about Little Critter and his family and join a "family portrait." Cost: $5.95 plus tax per child. Reservations and prepayment required by Thursday.
* Author Richard Hudelson signs his book "By the Ore Docks: A Working People's History of Duluth" at 11 a.m. Saturday.
* Author Joseph Helgerson signs his book "Horns and Wrinkles" at 1 p.m. Saturday.
* Author Emily Davis signs her book "Life With Nip and Tuck" at 2 p.m. Saturday.
* Local author Tony Dierckins signs his book "Zenith: A Postcard Perspective of Historic Duluth" at 3 p.m. Saturday.
"GREED, RAGE, AND LOVE GONE WRONG: MURDER IN MINNESOTA" by Bruce Rubenstein is a collection of 10 short stories that put the reader at the scene of some of the most notorious murders in the state, including "Portrait of an Heiress" on the Elizabeth Congdon slaying in Duluth.
The 207-page softcover, published by University of Minnesota Press, costs $15.95.
"I SAW A MOOSE TODAY" written by Anne Stewart of Ely and illustrated by Brent Spink, follows Whim Wiggin as his imagination changes a dull morning into an adventure. A swinging tree becomes a moose, the loons invite him to their ball and the beavers share warm eclairs.
The 30-page children's book, published by Raven Productions Inc. of Ely, costs $12.95 for softcover and $18.95 for hardcover.
The deadline for this column is noon Thursday, 11 days before publication. Send your information on literary events to Duluth News Tribune, 424 W. First St., Duluth, MN 55802. Fax: (218) 720-4120. E-mail:read@duluth news.com.