A fifth-grade student has been linked to one of three bomb threats reported in Superior schools last week.
The other incidents at Superior Middle School remain under investigation.
The first bomb threat was found at 2:15 p.m. Monday in the girls restroom in the green wing of the middle school. The words "There is a bomb in here" were printed in pencil on the wall of the first stall, according to a letter school principal Richard Flaherty sent to parents. Students were evacuated and sent home early, and parents were notified with an emergency notification message.
On Tuesday, middle school students were evacuated again at about 11:30 a.m., when a second bomb threat was found. Students returned to classes after a search of the building. Four Corners Elementary School was evacuated Wednesday after another threat was written in a girls restroom. A fifth-grade girl was identified as a suspect in the elementary school incident and charges are pending, according to Douglas County Sheriff Tom Dalbec.
"The matter's been referred to juvenile court," said Detective Sgt. Ed Anderson of the sheriff's department.
Charging decisions for juveniles are made on an individual basis, he said, depending on the child, their needs, their reasoning and any underlying problems.
Court proceedings for juveniles are confidential.
Anderson said investigators have found no connection between the threat at Four Corners and the middle school threats.