A 39-year-old Carlton man charged last month with first-degree criminal sexual conduct had a second case brought against him last week.

In the latest case, Scott Allen Thompson is accused of having sexual intercourse with a female relative several times just after she turned 18. He was charged last week with three counts of felony incest.

Newsletter signup for email alerts

According to the complaint, a Carlton County investigator met April 23 with a young adult who said she moved to Thompson's house in 2005 when she was 17. Although she started her senior year of high school, she told the investigator that Thompson made her drop out and start an online program. She said she was not able to complete it because Thompson did not pay for it. Instead, Thompson allegedly required her to care for younger relatives, as well as cook and clean for the family. She said she was not allowed to have friends and felt very isolated.

The woman also stated that Thompson would walk around the house unclothed and brush up against her in ways that made her uncomfortable.

Soon after the girl's 18th birthday, Thompson allegedly entered her bedroom while she was trying to take a nap and had intercourse with her. According to the complaint, this happened three times, which made her scared of Thompson. She said she was afraid to report the incidents because she had seen Thompson talk to police before and believed he was "very good at lying to them."

In the first case filed against him in April, Thompson is accused of repeatedly sexually assaulting a different young girl in his home over the course of 13 months ending in September.

He is charged with two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and two counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct in that matter. The girl also was reportedly afraid of Thompson, and her mother expressed concern in the complaint that Thompson is violent, may stalk, and that he has driven around looking for the victim.

Thompson's total bond between the two cases is $150,000 and he remains in jail with a next court appearance set for May 17. The court ordered the defendant to have no contact with the alleged victims.