Pets of the week for Feb. 19, 2019
Junior is a 10-month-old tan and white American shelter dog who is available for adoption through Animal Allies in Duluth. Junior is a bouncy ball of energy who loves to run and play. He’s a bit timid when meeting new people, but once he has a bit of time to warm up, he falls in love. He gets very attached to people so would love a home where his owner isn't gone too much.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Animal Allies uses the “Meet your Match” adoption program designed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The program evaluates an animal’s behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter’s preferences so you take home a pet you really click with. Call (218) 722-5341 or visit animalallies.net for more information.
Pinstripe, the kitty prodigy who sits on command, is available for adoption through Helping PAWS Pet Rescue Inc. in Washburn. Pinstripe had been living on the streets when a kind person saw him and brought him to Helping PAWS where he’d be safe. He’s now a happy, handsome, friendly cat who loves people and gets along with other friendly cats.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. For more information, call Helping PAWS Pet Rescue Inc. at (715) 373-2222, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit ourhelpingpaws.com/available.html for more information.
To adopt a cat or dog elsewhere in the Northland, call:
- Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, (218) 638-2153, contentedcritters.org
- Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior, (715) 398-6784, hsdcpets.com
- Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, (218) 741-7425, mesabihumane.org
- Northern Lights Animal Rescue, (218) 729-1485, petfinder.org/shelters/MN22.html
- Oreo’s Kitty Sanctuary, (218) 591-7200, email@example.com
- Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, (218) 254-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or pphsc.com
- Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, (218) 262-1900
- Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, (218) 245-3732, starnorth.org
- Warm Fuzzies Animal Rescue Inc., Petsitter99@yahoo.com, (218) 576-8534, warmfuzzies.petfinder.com