Stanley is a 10-year-old gray-and-white domestic longhair cat who is available for adoption through Animal Allies in Duluth. Stanley can be a little shy at first but with some love and patience, he warms up for head scratches. Stanley loves being perched up high and playing with string toys.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Animal Allies uses the "Meet your Match" adoption program designed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The program evaluates an animal's behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter's preferences so you take home a pet you really click with. Call (218) 722-5341 or visit animalallies.net for more information.
October adoption special on black cats: There are a number of black or mostly black cats available for adoption through Helping PAWS Pet Rescue Inc. in Washburn. Take your pick of boys or girls, short hair or long. Pick a black cat in October and get a second black cat for free. Every Friday in October is "black fur-day."
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. For more information, call Helping PAWS Pet Rescue Inc. at (715) 373-2222, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit ourhelpingpaws.com/available.html for more information.
To adopt a cat or dog elsewhere in the Northland, call:
• Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, (218) 638-2153, contentedcritters.org
• Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior, (715) 398-6784, hsdcpets.com
• Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, (218) 741-7425, mesabihumane.org
• Northern Lights Animal Rescue, (218) 729-1485, petfinder.org/shelters/MN22.html
• Oreo's Kitty Sanctuary, (218) 591-7200, email@example.com
• Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, (218) 254-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or pphsc.com
• Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, (218) 262-1900
• Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, (218) 245-3732, starnorth.org
• Warm Fuzzies Animal Rescue Inc., Petsitter99@yahoo.com, (218) 576-8534, warmfuzzies.petfinder.com