- Duluth Junk Hunt, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today, Nov. 1, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, South Pioneer Hall and Link, DECC. Admisstion: $5. Go to duluthjunkhunt.com.
- Gales of November, the annual fundraiser featuring presentations about stormy seas, haunting shipwrecks and more, today and Saturday, Nov. 1-2, Lake Superior Marine Maritime Visitor Center, at the foot of the Aerial Lift Bridge. Go to lsmma.com for complete details.
- Shakespearean reading with St. Scholastica Assistant Professor of English Dr. Kevin Quarmby, 3:40 p.m. today, Nov. 1, Tower Hall, room 4119. He will present “Insufflating Shakespeare: Acting as the Kiss of Life.” Free.
- Duluth Women's Club Bazaar, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, DWC Hartman House, 2400 E. Superior St.
- UWS Ragtime Recital with Jeff Madison and Alex Sandor, 7:30 pm Saturday, Nov. 2, Holden Fine Arts Building, University of Wisconsin, Superior. Enjoy an evening of Fats Waller tunes, as well as some examples of "classical" music that was influenced by music from the ragtime era. Go to frigidfrolics.org.
- Essentia Health Auxiliary's Christmas Extravaganza, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7 as well as 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 8, St. Mary's Auditorium and Miller Dwan classrooms.
- Lincoln Park Farmer's Market grand opening, 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, Duluth Folk School/Dovetail Cafe, 1917 W. Superior St.
Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit glensheen.org or call (218) 726-8910.
Duluth Children’s Museum, 115 S. 29th Ave. W., Duluth, offers programs and exhibits for children and families. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Visit playduluth.org or call (218) 733-7543.
Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans’ Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to douglashistory.org.
Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to duluthtrains.com or call (218) 722-1273 for details.