Things to Do
Events Pop Up Play event, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Lake Superior Ballroom, DECC. A chance for a break for children from cabin fever. Admission is free. Parking at the DECC: $5. Call (218) 722-5573. Saturday morning at the races, for ages 14 and...
Pop Up Play event, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Lake Superior Ballroom, DECC. A chance for a break for children from cabin fever. Admission is free. Parking at the DECC: $5. Call (218) 722-5573.
Saturday morning at the races, for ages 14 and younger, 10 a.m. Saturday, College of St. Scholastica. Registration begins at 9 a.m. Free. Go to www.grandmasmarathon.com .
Superior Singers presents "Good Tidings Now We Bring," 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Holy Assumption Church, 5601 Tower Ave., Superior. Free. Call (218) 348-8314 or go to www.superiorsingers.com .
Supernatural Lake Superior with Chad Lewis offered at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Mt. Royal Library, 105 Mt. Royal, or 6 pm. Thursday, Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St. Free. Call (218) 730-4200.
The Underground presents "Ruthless the Musical," 7 p.m. Thursday through Jan. 12, Jan. 17-19 and Jan. 24-26, 506 W. Michigan St. Tickets: $20. Call (218) 733-7555 or go to www.duluthplayhouse.org .
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit www.glensheen.org or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Children's Museum, 115 S. 29th Ave. W., Duluth, offers programs and exhibits for children and families. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Visit www.playduluth.org or call (218) 733-7543.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit www.duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to www.douglashistory.org .
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit www.glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday through Monday. Visit www.lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to www.northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.