Something for Everyone
Don't miss the Classic & Antique Motorcycle Expo at the 56th annual Lakehead Harvest Show, today through Sunday, 70 E. St. Louis River Road, Esko. Admission: $7 for adults daily or $13 for the weekend; children ages 11 and younger are free. Go to lakeheadharvest.org.
Get your tickets to Tribute Fest, 2 p.m. today and 11 a.m. Saturday, Bayfront Festival Park. Go to thetributefest.com for details.
Cheer on your team during the 16th annual Lake Superior Dragon Boat Festival, today and Saturday, Barker's Island in Superior. Go to lakesuperiordragons.com.
"Sing" screens at 8:10 p.m. today, Leif Erikson Park, 12th Avenue East and London Road. Bring a chair. Free. Go to downtownduluth.com/events/movies-in-the-park.php
Junk-in-The-Trunk Sale, 5:30-8 p.m. today, Glen Avon Presbyterian parking lot, 2105 Woodland Ave. Free hot dogs to first 150 shoppers. Stay for their ice cream social and the screening of "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey."
Take your kids, as old as 14, to Wednesday Night at the Races, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Wade Stadium, 34th Avenue West and Grand Avenue. Registration from 5-5:50 p.m.
Head to Grand Slam at the Wade, 4-7 p.m. Thursday, 101 N. 35th Ave. W. Enjoy inflatable games, dunk tank, live music by Todd Eckardt, celebrity softball game between 148th Fighter Wing vs. US Coast Guard, petting zoo, and more. Free.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit glensheen.wp.d.umn.edu or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily to Labor Day. Visit duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; noon to 8 p.m. Thursdays; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.
• Lake Superior & Mississippi Historic River Train, 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Oct. 22, 7100 Grand Ave. Call (218) 624-7549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.