Something for Everyone
"Alvin and the Chipmunks" screens at 8:10 p.m. today, Leif Erikson Park, 12th Avenue East and London Road. Bring a chair. Free. Go to "The" target="_blank">bit.ly/2i1cdGO "The
"TheSecret Life of Pets" screens at dusk today, Proctor Golf Course, 25 Al Shoberg Drive. Bring a chair. In case of inclement weather, it will screen at the Proctor Community Center. Presented by Proctor Police Department as part of the Hoghead Festival. Free admission.
Enjoy Art in Bayfront Park, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Bayfront Festival Park. Go to artinbayfrontpark.com.
Kids Block Party, 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Thomas Owens Park, Two Harbors. Features music, games, inflatable obstacle course and more. Free. Go to sweeteventduluth.com.
Duluth Children's Museum Bubble Festival, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, 29th Avenue West and Michigan Street. Features bubble-themed activities, skating, games on turf and indoor rock climbing. Admission to museum is $5 today. Go to Experience" target="_blank">bit.ly/2w7ROp3. Experience Brush" target="_blank">bit.ly/2uDMSJ6 Brush Get" target="_blank">bit.ly/2vVQFkJ Get
Experiencethe Solar Eclipse, 11:30 a.m. Monday, The Sports Garden, Canal Park. View the film "Totality" about the solar eclipse in the mobile GeoDome planetarium which will be set up inside. Go to
Brushup on your mini-golf skills by playing mini-golf at The Old Firehouse, 5-8 p.m. Monday, 402 23rd Ave. East, Superior. Go to
Getyour tickets for Tribute Fest, Wednesday through Aug. 26, Bayfront Festival Park. Go to thetributefest.com for lineup and tickets.
Northern Lights Foundation presents Guns & Hoses Softball event, 5 p.m. Thursday, Wade Stadium. Duluth Police Department takes on the Duluth Fire Department. Tickets: $5. Call (218) 740-3045 or go to northernlightsfoundation.org/events.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit glensheen.wp.d.umn.edu or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily to Labor Day. Visit duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; noon to 8 p.m. Thursdays; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.
• Lake Superior & Mississippi Historic River Train, 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Oct. 22, 7100 Grand Ave. Call (218) 624-7549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.