The Mitchell Camera Club met Jan. 2 at the County Fair Banquet Hall. This month’s category was “Shadows.” Next month’s category, “Reflections,” was discussed.
Also, the club will display photos at the Dakota Discovery Museum, starting Jan. 24. The club would like to express our thanks to County Fair for the use of the Banquet Hall.
The results for this month’s category are as follows:
- 1st Place “The Ol’ Crooked Fence” by Ty Smith
- 2nd Place “Old Chain Shadows” by Jim Thomas
- 3rd Place “Mia” by Shannon Jones
- 1st HM “Fence and Dimples” by Chris Geroy
- 2nd HM “Leg Shadow” by Jim Kost
- 3rd HM “Shadows of the Forgotten” by Jim Thomas
- 1st Place “Heart Shaped Shadow” by Jim Kost
- 2nd Place “Ducky Love” by Shannon Jones
- 3rd Place “Name Shadow” by Betsy Petersen
- 1st HM “Mr. Samson” by Shannon Jones
- 2nd HM “Nativity” by Betsy Petersen
- 3rd HM “Lighthouse” by Betsy Petersen
There were no contestants in December for N4C. Winners of N4C best of show for 2012-2013 can be seen at www.N4C.US. Last year’s winners will be posted in October this year. The monthly digital winners are posted there as well. Check out the Mitchell Camera Club website at www.mitchellcamera.wix.com/club; we are on Facebook as well.
If anyone would like to join the camera club, please contact Ty Smith at 999-1338, Jim Kost at 996-0128 or Dean Randall at 449-4483. New members are always welcome. If you’re not sure of joining you may sit in and watch to see how we judge and score these photos. Our meetings are at 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month September through May.
- Source: Mitchell Camera Club