NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING FOR VARIANCE
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING FOR VARIANCE APPEALS FROM THE ZONING ORDINANCE FOR ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MINNESOTA
Notice is hereby given that the St. Louis County Board of Adjustment will conduct a hybrid virtual and in-person public hearing on Wednesday, January 19, 2022, beginning at 9:00 AM, at the Government Services Center, 201 South 3rd Avenue West, Virginia, MN, regarding the following:
1. Rick Viita, appeal for relief from St. Louis County SSTS Ordinance 61 adopted Technical Standards 7080.2150, Subpart 2, Section F, Table VII, to allow a subsurface sewage treatment system installation at a reduced shoreline setback. LOT: 0009 BLOCK:000, Wakemup Shores Plat. S27 T63 R18 (Beatty). 9:15 AM
2. Jim Wagner, appeal for relief from St. Louis County Zoning Ordinance 62, Article IV, Section 4.4 D, to allow a single lot of record that is less than one-half acre in size with no public sewer or water to be allowed as a buildable lot. Lot 16 of the Plat of Soderholm Beach, S25, T63N, R18W (Beatty). 9:45 AM
3. John Chaulkin Jr., appeal for relief from St. Louis County Zoning Ordinance 62, Article III, Section 3.7, to allow an accessory structure to be located at a reduced road right-of-way setback of a public road where 15 feet is required and a reduced road centerline setback where 48 feet is required. Lot 15 of the Plat of Wakemup Point, S26, T63N, R18W (Beatty). 10:15 AM
4. Michael Bruckelmyer, appeal for relief from St. Louis County Zoning Ordinance 62, Article III, Section 3.8, to allow a principal dwelling at a reduced bluff setback where a minimum of 30 feet is required. SW 1/4 OF NE ¼ LEASE #03-03 MP 365-10-150, S2, T52N, R15W (Fredenberg). 10:45 AM
***This meeting will be open to the public with social distancing measures in place. ***
The meeting will be open to the public and live streamed via WebEx, giving the public the opportunity to watch and listen, and even speak to the Board of Adjustment. Please also have the option to listen to the meeting live via telephone. For more information on how to view or participate in the public hearing, please visit the county website at www.stlouiscountymn.gov/departments-a-z/planning-development/land-use.
If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Bourbonais, St. Louis County Land Use Manager, at email@example.com.
Citizens can submit public comments relating to the public hearing using one of the following methods:
1. Preferred method: Email your comments to Jenny Bourbonais, St. Louis County Land Use Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails must be received by noon on Friday, January 14, 2022, in order to be presented to the Board of Adjustment and viewed online.
2. Mail your comments to one of the St. Louis County Government Services addresses (located in Duluth or Virginia). Your comments must be received in the mail by Friday, January 14, 2022, in order to be presented to the Board of Adjustment and viewed online.
3. Provide testimony in person the day of the hearing. It is requested that you contact our office if you anticipate in-person attendance so that we may ensure social distancing measures.
4. You will also have the opportunity to raise your “virtual hand” while utilizing the WebEx software during the public hearing. To learn more about WebEx, please visit
(Dec. 29, 2021) 18761