The Bookstore at Fitger's, 600 E. Superior St., offers these events. Call 218-727-9077 or go to fitgersbookstore.com.
2-4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 18: Andrew Graff signs copies of his book, "Raft of Stars."
6 p.m. Oct. 7: Book launch for Mark Munger's memoir "Duck and Cover: Things Learned Waiting for the Bomb," in Fitger's Theater of the North. Features music with Bill and Kate Isles.
Zenith Bookstore, 318 N. Central Ave., offers these events. Call 218-606-1777.
- 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 21: Book launch for "Ward" by Ryan Vine.
- 7 p.m Oct. 14: Linda LeGarde Grover book launch of "Gichigami Hearts: Stories and Histories from Misaabekong," at the West Theater, across the street from the bookstore. Free.
Barnes & Noble, Miller Hill Mall, offers author Chad Corrie signing copies of his book, "Triumph of the Wizard King," the last book in the trilogy, 2 p.m. Oct. 30. Call 218-786-0710.
Storytimes, 10:15 a.m. Wednesdays at the Main Library and West Duluth branch as well as 10:15 a.m. Thursdays at the Mount Royal branch. Go to duluthlibrary.evanced.info/signup/calendar.
The Friends of Superior Public Library book sale, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 17, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 18, Superior Public Library, 1530 Tower Ave., Superior. All proceeds from the sale are used to support library services and programs.
Authors Meg Florence and Kelly Hafdahl offer these events. Their fourth book, "The Science of Serial Killers," will be released this fall. Go to horrorrewind.com for details.
- Noon Sept. 29: "How to Tell a Scary Story," Duluth Chamber of Commerce.
- 11 a.m. Sept. 30: "The Science of Serial Killers" presentation, Lake Superior College.
- 7 p.m. Oct. 8: "Scream" movie showing, Q&A, and book signing, Zeitgeist.
- 2:30 pm. Oct. 9: Twin Ports Horror Society Art & Hobby Bazaar, Zeitgeist.
Title: "Triumph of the Wizard King: Book Three"
Author: Chad Corrie
Release date: Oct. 5
Synopsis: As Cadrith savors his success, the mercenaries deal with the aftermath of their last confrontation. The thread that’s bound them to this point is hard to break and is pulling them into yet another conflict, where even the gods are bracing their gates.The battle lines have been drawn. The pieces are in place. The conflict to come will be waged on many fronts and through many faces, but victory is far from assured. Welcome to Tralodren, a world rich in history, faith, and tales of adventure—of which this story is but one of many.
Publisher: Dark Horse Comics with distribution through Penguin Random House