Help out cleaning up the Lakewalk with Friends of the Lakewalk, Duluth Parks and Hoops Brewing, 9-11:30 a.m. Saturday. Go to duluthmn.gov/parks/volunteer/clean-and-green-request-form or call Cheryl at 218-730-4334.
Check out the eighth annual May Faire Festival, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Peace United Church of Christ, 111 N. 11th Ave. E. Features may pole dancing, live music, cake walk, face painting, petting zoo, crafts, games and more. Free admission. Go to www.slcsduluth.org.
Bring the kids to the Duluth Public Library to make Mother's Day crafts, 1-3 p.m. Saturday, 520 W. Superior St. Open to K-5; children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Take your Mom on a tour, noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, Fairlawn Mansion, 906 E. Second St., Superior. Half-price for Moms. Call 715-394-5712 or go to www.superiorpublicmuseums.org.
Learn more about Alzheimer's and dementia, noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Duluth Public Library, green room, 520 W. Superior St. Pre-register at www.duluthlibrary.org.
Proctor Community Band concert, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Proctor High School. A dessert reception follows.
Learn to make Yucatecan Cuisine with Todd Whitesel, 10 a.m. Thursday and repeated at 6 p.m. Thursday, The Blue Heron Trading Co., 394 S. Lake Ave. The class features Sikil-Pak, Queso Relleno de Yucatan, chicken tacos with achiote paste and pickled red onions and almond cake spiked with dark rum. Cost: $30. Call 218-722-8799 for required reservations.
Get your tickets to a benefit concert for the Music Resource Center with Alan Sparhawk headline, 7:30 p.m. May 17, Sacred Heart Music Center, 201 W. Fourth St. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at door. Go to www.eventbrite.com.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit www.glensheen.org or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Children's Museum, 115 S. 29th Ave. W., Duluth, offers programs and exhibits for children and families. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Visit www.playduluth.org or call (218) 733-7543.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit www.duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to www.douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit www.glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday through Monday. Visit www.lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to www.northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.