Things to Do
Check out the Double DECC'er, a robotics competition for over 120 teams, today and Saturday, DECC. Free admission. Go to www.daredevils2512.org or www.denfeldrobotics4009.org. The events will be live streamed at www.twitch.tv/daredevils2512.
Don't miss Dierks Bentley in concert, 7 p.m. today, Amsoil. Go to ticketmaster.com or call (800) 745-3000.
Enjoy a monster piano concert, 3 p.m. Saturday, Weber Music Hall, UMD. Free. Call (218) 726-8877.
Take the little ones to Trains and Toddlers, 10-11:30 a.m. Monday, The Depot, 506 W. Michigan St. Call (218) 722-1273.
Go to Glensheen Unplugged, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, 3300 London Road. Performer: Kyle Ollah. Call (218) 726-8925 or go to www.glensheen.org.
Take part in Fitger's Bockfest, 5-9 p.m. Thursday and March 15 as well as noon to 10 p.m. March 16, Fitger's Complex, 600 E. Superior St. Go to fitgers.com for details.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit www.glensheen.org or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Children's Museum, 115 S. 29th Ave. W., Duluth, offers programs and exhibits for children and families. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Visit www.playduluth.org or call (218) 733-7543.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit www.duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to www.douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit www.glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday through Monday. Visit www.lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to www.northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.