Things to Do
Homegrown Music Festival presents Winter Fiasco, a pre-festival showcase, today. Go to duluthhomegrown.org.
• Hannah Rey at 6:15 p.m. and Zakk & Bella at 7:15 p.m. at Lake Superior Brewing
• Aurora Beer at 6:45 p.m., NorShore Summit at 7:45 p.m. and The Slamming Doors at Duluth Folk School
• Jacob Mahon & the Salty Dogs at 7 p.m. and Prone at 8 p.m. at Ursa Minor Brewing
• Mint Vintage at 7:30 p.m. and Jamesg at 8:30 p.m. at Duluth Cider
• JayGee at 8 p.m., Zenith City Groove Collective at 9 p.m. and Mallards at 10 p.m. at Bent Paddle
• Big Into at 9:15 p.m., The Great Unwilling at 10:15 p.m. and Mrs. & the Sordid Affairs at 11:15 p.m. at Caddyshack (21+ age show)
Get your tickets to the Duluth Wedding Show, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, DECC. Tickets: $8 in advance or $12. Call (218) 727-1177 or go to duluthbridalshow.com.
Attend the 10th annual More Cowbell fundraising event, with the Lake City Smokin' Section, 5 p.m. Thursday, Grandma's Sports Garden, Canal Park. Tickets: $25 pre-sale or $35 at door. Call (218) 740-3045 or go to northernlightsfoundation.ticketleap.com for tickets.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit www.glensheen.org or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Children's Museum, 115 S. 29th Ave. W., Duluth, offers programs and exhibits for children and families. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Visit www.playduluth.org or call (218) 733-7543.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit www.duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to www.douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit www.glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday through Monday. Visit www.lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to www.northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.