Readings & Writers
News of Note
Barnes and Noble, partnering with Families in Transition Pre-school ISD 709, Superior Community Preschool and Gary New Duluth Development Alliance, is holding their annual holiday book drive, through Dec. 31. Purchase books to donate to children in need.
The Duluth Public Library offers these events. Go to www.duluthlibrary.org or call (218) 730-4200/option 4.
• Toddler time, 10:15 a.m. Wednesday, Duluth Public Library, green room.
• Story time, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, West Duluth branch library.
• Preschool story time, 11:15 a.m. Wednesday, Duluth Public Library.
• Squad Car story time, 3:45 p.m. every other Wednesday, Youth Services Area.
• Preschool story time, 10:15 a.m. Thursday, Mount Royal branch library.
Barnes & Noble in the Miller Hill Mall offers these events. Call (218) 786-0710 or go to www.bn.com.
• Story time with "The Legend of Rock, Paper, Scissors," 11 a.m. Saturday.
• Story time with "Clifford the Big Red Dog," 11 a.m. Jan. 5.
• Story time with "Love, Z," 11 a.m. Jan. 12.
Title: "(Don't) Call Me Crazy: 33 Voices Start the Conversation About Mental Health"
Editor: Kelly Jensen
Synopsis: Thirty-three actors, athletes, writers and artists offer essays, lists, comics and illustration that explore a wide range of topics including their personal experiences with mental illnesses, how we do and don't talk about mental health, help for better understanding how every person's brain is wired differently and what, exactly, might make someone crazy.
Publisher: Algonquin Young Readers
Title: "Space Atlas, Second Edition"
Author: James Trefil, includes "The Moon Fifty Year Later" by Buzz Aldrin
Synopsis: "Space Atlas" combines updated maps, lavish photographs and elegant illustrations to chart the solar system, the universe and beyond. This newly revised edition of National Geographic's enduring guide to space features a new introduction by American hero Buzz Aldrin.
Publisher: National Geographic