Things to Do
Go to the holiday music program with Howie Wilkes and Nathan Fraser of the AM Band, 1 p.m. today, Carlton County Historical Society, 406 Cloquet Ave., Cloquet. Admission: $3 for adults, $1 for ages 6-11 and free for younger children. Call (218) 879-1938.
Attend the Duluth Winter Village, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road. Shop at over 40 small businesses and enjoy food, beverages, carollers, live animals and more. Free parking at UMD Lot B and Duluth East with a free shuttle running from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days.
UWS presents Season of Song concert, 4 p.m. Sunday and 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Cathedral of Christ the King, 1111 Belknap St., Superior. Tickets: $10, available at the door.
Be a part of Chanukah at the Mall, 4-6 p.m. Sunday, Miller Hill Mall. Following the lighting there will be arts and crafts for kids, music and dancing.
Don't miss DNT Photographer Bob King's last book signing at the News Tribune, 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Duluth News Tribune, 424 W. First St. Call (218) 723-5281.
Attend Advent Vespers followed by a tree lighting at St. Scholastica beginning at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Services in Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel and lighting event about 5:15 p.m. in front of Tower Hall's main entrance. Free. Call (218) 723-6071.
Enjoy free holiday concerts by Zachary Scot Johnson at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the West Duluth Public Library branch or 6 p.m. Dec. 12 at the Mount Royal Branch Library. Call (218) 730-4200 or go to DuluthLibrary.org.
Eat lutefisk, salmon and meatballs from noon to 7 p.m. Wednesday, First Lutheran Church, 1100 E. Superior St. Tickets: $20 for adults, $7 for ages 10 and younger. Call (218) 728-3668.
Check out the Holiday Sampler, an annual holiday wine tasting event, 5-8 p.m. Thursday, Fairlawn Mansion, 906 E. Second St., Superior. Tickets: $30. Reservations required. Go to superiorpublicmuseums.org.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit www.glensheen.org or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Children's Museum, 115 S. 29th Ave. W., Duluth, offers programs and exhibits for children and families. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Visit www.playduluth.org or call (218) 733-7543.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit www.duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to www.douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit www.glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday through Monday. Visit www.lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to www.northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.