Check out the 7th annual Pepperkakebyen gingerbread decorating workshop with Patrick the Gingerbread Man, 1-3 p.m. Saturday, the Nordic Center and Sons of Norway, 21 N. Lake Ave., above the Nordic Center. Pre-register by email to Roseyrita@mac.com.
Author Bea Ojakangas signs copies of her cookbooks, 1-4 p.m. Saturday, The Bookstore at Fitger's, 600 E. Superior St.
College of St. Scholastica Concert Band celebrates with service of veterans with a concert, 2 p.m. Saturday, Mitchell Auditorium. Cost: $5, free for veterans.
Jay Cooke State Park if offer a free naturalist program on Saturday from 6:30-8 p.m. “Park After Dark – Animals of the Night Walk” will teach how animals survive the darkness with heightened senses. Meet at the River Inn Interpretive Center. Minnesota State Park vehicle permit is needed to enter. Permits can be purchased upon arrival. $7/day or $35/annual. 780 Highway 210, Carlton.
Twin Ports Veterans Day March, Sunday, starting at the Depot, 506 W. Michigan St. Doors open at 9 a.m., march lineup at 10:15 a.m., depart Depot at 10:30 a.m. and arrive at DECC. Program begins at 11 a.m. Bus transportation from the DECC to the Depot will be available departing the DECC at 9 a.m. and 9:15 a.m.
Attend the 8th annual Willie Kruger Dance Competition, 2-6 p.m. Sunday, Grandma's Sports Garden, Canal Park, Duluth. Free admission. Bring hats and mittens to donate to the homeless.
Get your tickets to NorShor Classic Film Series: "Singin' in the Rain," 7 p.m. Sunday, NorShor, 211 E. Superior St. Tickets: $12. Go to norshortheatre.com.
Don't miss the 70th annual Lincoln Park Business Group Turkey Bingo, 5 p.m. Wednesday and Nov. 15, VFW post 137, 2023 W. Superior St. Tickets: $30, includes dinner and 15 rounds of bingo. Social hour at 5 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m. Go to turkeybingo.brownpapertickets.com.
Grab your skates for the Turkey Bowl Skating event, 6;30-8 p.m. Wednesday, Essentia Duluth Heritage Center, 120 S. 30th Ave. W. Includes frozen turkey bowling, drawings for free turkeys, a DJ and healthy treats. Free admission. Children should be accompanied by an adult. Limited skates available for use. Call (218) 730-4325.
Make plans now to attend Cloquet High School's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," 7 p.m. Nov. 15-17 as well as 2 p.m. Nov. 18, Cloquet High School, 1000 18th St., Cloquet. Tickets: $11 for adults, $9 for students. Go to isd94.org or go to rebrand.ly/chsTheatreTickets.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit www.glensheen.org or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Children's Museum, 115 S. 29th Ave. W., Duluth, offers programs and exhibits for children and families. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Visit www.playduluth.org or call (218) 733-7543.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit www.duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to www.douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit www.glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday through Monday. Visit www.lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to www.northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.