Readings & Writers for April 15, 2018
Arrowhead Library System with MN Writes MN Reads, the Minnesota Author Project and Minnesota's other regional public library systems is seeking submissions of self-published Young Adult and Adult Fiction, through June 30. Each book must be self-published, in the genre of Young Adult Fiction or Adult Fiction, written by a Minnesota resident, available in either PDF or ePUB format. Multiple submissions are welcome. Authors can submit at indieauthorproject.librariesshare.com/minnesota. Email email@example.com for more information.
The Cloquet Public Library, 320 14th St., Cloquet, offers these One Book Northland events. Call (218) 879-1531.
• Library book club, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Discussion of "The Wind and the Drum."
• One Book Northland event screens the movie "Pathfinder," 6:15 p.m. Tuesday.
• One Book Northland author Katharine Johnson, 11 a.m. Saturday. Introduction by Marlene Wisuri of the Sami Cultural Center.
• One Book Northland screens the movie "The Cuckoo," 6:15 p.m. April 23.
• One Book Northland: You Might Be Sami If..." 11 a.m. April 28.
• One Book Northland screens the movie "Suddenly Sami," 6:15 p.m. April 30.
The Duluth Public Library offers these events. Go to duluthlibrary.org or call (218) 730-4200/option 4.
• Toddler time, 10:15 a.m. Wednesday, Duluth Public Library, green room.
• Story time, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, West Duluth branch library.
• Preschool story time, 11:15 a.m. Wednesday, Duluth Public Library.
• Squad Car story time, 3:45 p.m. every other Wednesday, Duluth Public Library Plaza.
• Preschool story time, 10:15 a.m. Thursday, Mount Royal branch library.
"Homefront/Battlefront," poems about growing up in Brule during World War II and poems about war and the Holocaust presented by Peggy Trojan and Jan Chronister, 1 p.m. today, Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior. Free.
Lake Superior Writers offers these events.
• Spring Cleaning for Your Poems, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Art on the Planet, 1413 Tower Ave., Superior. Free parking behind shop off of Banks Avenue. Cost: $35, $25 for members. Email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
• "Get that Grant!," final panel of this year's season that talks about grants available to writers in our area, 6-7 p.m. meet and greet with panel from 7-8:30 p.m. April 24, at Bent Paddle Brewing Co. taproom, 1832 W. Michigan St. Free.
Author Dianna Hunter reads from her book, "Wild Mares: My Lesbian Back-to-the-Land Life," 2 p.m. April 29, Peace United Church of Christ, 1111 N. 11th Ave. E.
30th Northeastern Minnesota Book Awards, 5-8:30 p.m. May 24, Northland Country Club, 3901 E. Superior St. Features book fair and reception from 5-6:30 p.m., speaker and wards from 6:30-8 p.m. and book fair from 8-8:30 p.m. Free. Call (218) 726-7889 or go to lib.d.umn.edu/about/nemba.
Zenith Bookstore, 318 N. Central Ave., offers these events. Call (218) 606-1777.
• Children's story time, 10:30 a.m. every Tuesday.
• Author Alice Marks signs copies of her book, "Breaks," 2 p.m. Saturday.
• Pedal to D.C.: Day 3, Duluth with author Dave and Amy Freeman, 5-7 p.m. April 22 at Bent Paddle Brewing Co. in Duluth.
• Author Maya Rao presents "Great American Outpost: Dreamers, Mavericks and Making of an Oil Frontier," 7 p.m. April 26.
• Independent bookstore day, April 28.
• Brian Freeman signs copies of his book, "Alter Ego," noon to 2 p.m. May 1.
Barnes & Noble in the Miller Hill Mall offers these events. Call (218) 786-0710 or go to bn.com.
• "Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth" story time, 11 a.m. Saturday.
• "Scientist, Scientist, Who Do You See?" story time, 11 a.m. April 28.
• John Sandford signs copies of his book, "Twisted Prey," 6 p.m. April 28.