Pets of the week: Tucker and Petey
Learn more about these pets looking for a permanent home.
Tucker, a 4-year-old gray-and-white tabby cat with green eyes, was abandoned on the streets. He survived a long time due to handouts from kind people who saw him out trying to survive. One cold night a lady heard him crying. She soon found him limping and struggling as he tried to make his way in the very cold snow and ice. Tucker had a bad injury to his back leg so she brought him to Warm Fuzzies Animal Rescue Inc. foster care. Tucker was treated by a vet and has now recovered. He is sweet as can be. Tucker is still a bit jumpy with sudden movements, but he is a very affectionate and loving cat that loves to be held and sit near you. Tucker is good with most other cats and friendly dogs in foster care, however, we do not think he would do well with small children. He is neutered, up to date on shots and tested negative for felv/FIV. Microchipped. If you have a good home for this sweet boy, please contact us at at 218-576-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Petey is a very sweet and energetic guy who is looking for a active home to help run his energy out. Even though Pete is 2 years old, he acts more like a puppy and will need some work on his basic manners. Petey has been away at training and is learning quickly and just needs his new home to stay consistent with what he's learned. His new family will receive free professional follow up training to ensure his transition to your home is a success. Petey loves to run around playing keep away with all kinds of toys and he loves going for walks. If you are interested in adopting Petey, visit Animal Allies at 4006 Airport Road or call the adoption team at 218-722-5341.
To adopt a cat or dog anywhere in the Northland, call:
- Animal Allies, 4006 Airport Road, 218-722-5341, animalallies.net.
- Chequamegon Humane Association, Ashland, 715-682-9744, chaadopt.org .
- Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, 218-638-2153, contentedcritters.org .
- Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior, 715-398-6784, hsdcpets.com .
- Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, 218-741-7425, mesabihumanesociety.org .
- Northern Lights Animal Rescue, 218-729-1485, adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/66719-northern-lights-animal-rescuers-inc-twig-minnesota .
- Oreo’s Kitty Sanctuary, 218-591-7200, email email@example.com .
- Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, 218-254-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or pphsc.com .
- Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, 218-262-1900.
- Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, 218-245-3732, starnorth.weebly.com/about-us.html .
- Warm Fuzzies Animal Rescue Inc. at Warmfuzzies2020@gmail.com , 218-576-8534 or go to warmfuzzies.petfinder.com .