Pets of the week: Gummi Bear and Babybel
Learn more about these pets looking for a permanent home.
Gummi Bear is a 1-year-old feline who is a shy gal that enjoys her own space and quiet time, but she does enjoy getting pets once she learns to trust you. Gummi Bear just needs a gentle human with patience to show her that this world isn't so scary! She is FIV+ so she can't go to a home with other cats unless they also have FIV. Gummi Bear has been around cats before so she wouldn't mind having some FIV companions. If you are interested in adopting Gummi Bear, visit Animal Allies at 4006 Airport Road or call the adoption team at 218-722-5341 .
Babybel is a 1-year-old female cat who is very outgoing and confident. She may need time to adjust to changes, but once she is comfortable she is very sweet and does seek out attention. Babybel is up to date with vaccinations, has been spayed, dewormed, given flea/tick preventative, microchipped, and she is FIV/FLV/HW negative. Her adoption fee is $60.00 + tax. To learn more about Babybel, contact Humane Society of Douglas County in Superior at 715-398-6784 or go to hsdcpets.com .
To adopt a cat or dog anywhere in the Northland, call:
- Animal Allies, 4006 Airport Road, 218-722-5341, animalallies.net.
- Chequamegon Humane Association, Ashland, 715-682-9744, chaadopt.org .
- Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, 218-638-2153, contentedcritters.org .
- Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior, 715-398-6784, hsdcpets.com .
- Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, 218-741-7425, mesabihumanesociety.org .
- Northern Lights Animal Rescue, 218-729-1485, adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/66719-northern-lights-animal-rescuers-inc-twig-minnesota .
- Oreo’s Kitty Sanctuary, 218-591-7200, email email@example.com .
- Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, 218-254-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or pphsc.com .
- Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, 218-262-1900.
- Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, 218-245-3732, starnorth.weebly.com/about-us.html .
- Warm Fuzzies Animal Rescue Inc. at Warmfuzzies2020@gmail.com , 218-576-8534 or go to warmfuzzies.petfinder.com .
DONATIONS NEEDED: Kitten season is here. Warm Fuzzies Animal Rescue Inc., a nonprofit, 501(c)3, is in need of kitten formula, wet cat food and cat litter supplies. Contact email@example.com or 218-576-8534 or 218-940-6958 for more information.