• Duluth's largest coffee break, sponsored by Starbucks and The Greenery, 10-11 a.m. Thursday at Lake Place Park/Gitchi ode' Akiing. Easy access from the Lakewalk or via Superior Street across from the NorShor Theatre. Free coffee and treats provided. $5 suggested donation with all proceeds going towards lakewalk restoration.
• Northern Lights Foundation's Annual Gala "Children's Charity Gala: Giving a Child's Story New Light" is an enchanted evening raising money for local children facing life-threatening illnesses. Event begins at 6 p.m. Thursday in the DECC Harborside Ballroom, 350 Harbor Drive, Duluth. Enjoy a deliciously prepared meal, a brief program, silent and live auctions, games and more. Tickets: $75. For more information, visit www.northernlightsfoundation.org.
• Music Resource Center benefit concert: The Armory Arts and Music Center's Music Resource Center Program has teamed up with Leadership Duluth to host a spring fundraiser concert featuring vocalist and guitarist Alan Sparhawk, 7:30 p.m., Friday, at Sacred Heart Music Center, 201 W. Fourth St., Duluth. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with tours of the Music Resource Center studios. All funds raised at this event will benefit the day-to-day activities of the Music Resource Center Program. Tickets are $15 online (plus fees) or $20 at the door. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com.
• Prove Gallery is hosting a silent auction fundraiser "Plys With Purpose" starting at 7 p.m. Friday through June 21 at its location at 21 N. Lake Ave., Duluth. The silent auction will feature 30 crafted skateboard decks. Proceeds will be donated to Gary-New Duluth Development Alliance for their ongoing efforts to build a public, state-of-the-art skateboard park in Gary-New Duluth. For more information regarding the fundraiser, contact Taylor Kline at taylor//gnd.community.
• St. Louis County Historical Society's VMH 5K Fun Run/ Walk, a fundraiser for the Veterans' Memorial Hall Program, begins at 9 a.m. Saturday at The Other Place Bar and Grille, 3930 E. Calvary Road, Duluth. Registration is $25 per person and can be paid online at www.tempotickets.com/VMH5KRUN2019 or registration forms are available at the administrative office of the St. Louis County Historical Society, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth, or at thehistorypeople.org. Completed forms may be returned with payments (cash or check) to the Society's administrative office. For more information, contact John Werner, Veterans' Memorial Hall Advisory Committee member email@example.com.
• Zeitgeist is hosting the "2019 Spirit of the Times fundraiser and party" 6 p.m. Saturday at Zeitgeist Arts Building, 222 E. Superior St., Duluth. Enjoy delicious food, delightful drinks, live music, improv comedy, unique silent and live auction items, and an unforgettable dance party. Cost: $100 per person.
For tickets or more information, visit ZeitgeistArts.com. All proceeds go directly to support Zeitgeist's artistic programming and community development work.
• Memorial Blood Centers will offer the following blood drives across the Northland. Call (888) GIVE-BLD (448-3253) or go to mbc.org for eligibility guidelines and to schedule an appointment.
Monday: 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Chisholm High School, 301 S.W. Fourth St. Monday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Nashwauk-Keewatin High School, 400 Second St., Nashwauk.
Tuesday: 8-11 a.m., Paulucci Building, 525 S. Lake Ave., Duluth.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Northwood School, N14463 Highway 53, Minong. Sponsored by Northwood School National Honor Society.
Tuesday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Silver Bay High School, 137 Banks Blvd.
Wednesday: 3-6 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 4957 MN Highway 61, Hovland.
Wednesday: 8-11 a.m., Carlton County Public Health and Human Services, 14 N. 11th St., Cloquet.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Cook County High School, 101 W. Fifth St., Grand Marais.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Hibbing High School, 800 E. 21st St.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., East Central High School, 61085 State Highway 23, Finlayson.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., North Shore Health, 515 W. Fifth Ave., Grand Marais.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Mesabi East High School, 601 N. First St. W., Aurora.
• American Red Cross blood drives: To make an appointment or for more information, download the Red Cross blood donor app, visit www.redcrossblood.org or call (800) 733-2767.
Thursday: Noon to 6 p.m., Kenwood Lutheran Church, 2720 Meyers Ave., Duluth.
Friday: Noon to 5 p.m., Lakeside Presbyterian Church, 4430 McCulloch St., Duluth.
• The St. Louis River Alliance is seeking individuals and groups to volunteer for this annual clean-up event from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Bear Creek Park, 110 Moccasin Mike Road, Superior. Clean up includes garbage cleanup and woody debris pickup on shorebird habitat. Bags and some gloves will be provided but please bring your own gloves if you can and bring your own water bottle as drinking water and snacks will be provided. Dress appropriately for the weather and the job. Interested individuals and organizations may contact the St. Louis River Alliance to find out more about volunteering for this cleanup effort. For further information, contact Kris Eilers at Kris@stlouisriver.org or 218-733-9520.