STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF COOK
FAMILY COURT DIVISION
SIXTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
5. Dissolution without Children
In Re the Marriage of: Tyrone Michael Nehring,
Margaret Susan Nehring,
Court File No: 16-FA-21-128
THE STATE OF MINNESOTA TO THE ABOVE-NAMED PETITIONER:
YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED and required to serve on Petitioner's attorney an Answer to the Petition for Dissolution for Marriage within thirty (30) days after service of this Summons on you, exclusive of the day of service, if you wish to contest this Dissolution for Marriage proceeding. If you fail to do so, judgment by default will be taken against you for the relief requested in the Petition doe Dissolution for Marriage.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY RESTRAINING PROVISIONS
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY RESTRAINING AND ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROVISIONS UNDER MINNESOTA LAW, SERVICE OF THIS SUMMONS MAKES THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS APPLY TO BOTH PARTIES TO THIS ACTION, UNLESS THEY ARE MODIFIED BY THE COURT OR THE PROCEEDING IS DISMISSED;
(1) NEITHER PARTY MAY DISPOSE OF ANY ASSETS EXCEPT (i) FOR THE NECESSITIES OF LIFE OR FOR THE NECESSARY GENERATION OF INCOME OR PRESERVATION OF ASSETS, (ii) BY AN AGREEMENT IN WRITING, OR (iii) FOR RETAINING COUNSEL TO CARRY ON OR TO CONTEST THIS PROCEEDING;
(2) NEITHER PARTY MAY HARASS THE OTHER PARTY; AND
(3) ALL CURRENTLY AVAILABLE INSURANCE COVERAGE MUST BE MAINTAINED AND CONTINUED WITHOUT CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR BENEFICIARY DESIGNATION. IF YOU VIOLATE ANY OF THESE PROVISIONS, YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO SANCTIONS BY THE COURT.
(4) PARTIES TO A MARRIAGE DISSOLUTION PROCEEDING ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEMPT ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PURSUANT TO MINNESOTA LAW. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION INCLUDES MEDIATION, ARBITRATION, AND OTHER PROCESSES AS SET FORTH IN THE DISTRICT COURT RULES. YOU MAY CONTACT THE COURT ADMINISTRATOR ABOUT RESOURCES IN YOUR AREA. IF YOU CANNOT PAY FOR MEDIATION OR ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION, IN SOME COUNTIES, ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH A NONPROFIT PROVIDER OR A COURT PROGRAM. IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OF DOMESTIC ABUSE OR THREATS OF ABUSE AS DEFINED IN MINNESOTA STATUTES, CHAPTER 518B, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO TRY MEDIATION AND YOU WILL NOT BE PENALIZED BY THE COURT IN LATER PROCEEDINGS.
(b) Upon service of the summons, the restraining provisions contained in the notice apply by operation of law upon both parties until modified by further order of the court or dismissal of the proceeding, unless more than one year has passed since the last document was filed with the court.
Subd. 2. Parent education program requirements. Every summons involving custody or parenting time of a minor child must include the notice in this subdivision.
NOTICE OF PARENT EDUCATION PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 518.157, IN A CONTESTED PROCEEDING INVOLVING CUSTODY OR PARENTING TIME OF A MINOR CHILD, THE PARTIES MUST BEGIN PARTICIPATION IN A PARENT EDUCATION PROGRAM THAT MEETS MINIMUM STANDARDS PROMULGATED BY THE MINNESOTA SUPREME COURT WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER THE FIRST FILING WITH THE COURT. IN SOME DISTRICTS, PARENTING EDUCATION MAY BE REQUIRED IN ALL CUSTODY OR PARENTING PROCEEDINGS. YOU MAY CONTACT THE DISTRICT COURT ADMINISTRATOR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THIS REQUIREMENT AND THE AVAILABILITY OF PARENT EDUCATION PROGRAMS.
/s/ Wesley R. Martins
By: Wesley R. Martins
312 West Superior Street
Duluth, Minnesota 55802
Telephone: (218) 727-2881
Facsimile: (218) 720-6438
Atty. Reg. No. 0068214
(Sept. 11, 18 & 25, 2021) 2903938