Duluthians will have to wait just a little while longer to take part in Cold Front activities planned by the Duluth Parks and Recreation. The events originally scheduled for Feb. 6-14 have been pushed out over multiple days throughout the month of February due to dangerously cold temperatures. Here's the revised schedule of events:
- The Yeti Hunt originally scheduled for Feb. 7 will now take place Feb. 20-21 and Feb. 27-28. Starting at 10 a.m., clues will be released hourly on the Duluth Parks MN Facebook page and Instagram to lead participants to the correct park. Participants must take a photo of or with the yeti and post it to social media to be entered into a drawing for prizes.
- Luminary walk, originally scheduled for Feb. 11, will now take place on Feb. 18, 5-8 p.m. A candlelit walk along the Lakewalk between Fitger's and Canal Park.
- BAE-front Valentine's Skate, originally scheduled for Feb. 12, will now take place on Feb. 26, 2-7 p.m. at the Bayfront ice rink. A Valentine's Day skate at the Bayfront Family Center's ice rink with a love song playlist, take-home craft and themed picture frame photo booth.
- Agents of Discovery, originally scheduled for Feb. 10, has been postponed without a new scheduled date. More information is set to come at a later date.
New events added to the roster include:
- Snowshoe pop-ups, A chance to try snowshoeing is coming to your neighborhood. Throughout February, individuals can check out snowshoes for free at various trails or parks. Sites will be announced ahead of each pop-up. Here are the upcoming dates: 3-5 p.m. Feb. 16, 3-5 p.m. Feb. 24, 9-11 a.m. Feb. 27, 11 a.m. -2 p.m. Feb. 28.
- Story Stroll, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Lincoln Park on Feb. 26, led by the Duluth Public Library.